Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

HELP - Canadian dealers recommendations
HELP - Canadian dealers recommendations
Hi all,

I'm an experienced user (13 yrs since diagnosis) whose present mask model no longer works for me. 

In the past, I've always bought from and found their prices and service excellent. I especially appreciate that I can return a mask that doesn't fit me. 

However, several of the masks I'm considering I cannot purchase from Supplier #1 Commercial Link Removed as they are unable to sell them to me because the company (ResMed and Respironics) will not allow them to sell their equipment to customers outside of the USA. So I'm forced to go to Canadian dealers. 

Do any Canadians have recommend for Canadian dealers with reasonable prices that allow exchange or return of a mask if it doesn't fit?

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, certain types of commercial links are prohibited in this forum.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Airsense 10, Vitera face mask, Foam Cervical Collar, Silent Nights mask liners 
Canadian, diagnosed OSA in 2008 with 87 AHI pressure 16-20
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: HELP - Canadian dealers recommendations
If you are near Toronto, I go to FPM Solutions. They don't deal on-line, but do phone sales, and have/had a trial period with a deposit.

I have been happy with Supplier #32, and others have used the other Canadian suppliers on the list. I'm not sure of trial periods during the plague, though.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much for your reply.

I found a Canadian supplier with a mask exchange program Although they were not the cheapest vendor in Canada, they have a 30 day mask exchange program where if the mask you chose doesn't fit or work for you, you can exchange it with 30 days.

Since I'm going to be trying new masks, I thought being able to exchange masks was important because previously when I switched masks, I had to try several different brands and models. They seem to be the only vendor offering this (although returns are held for 5 days before being santized & processed because of covid.)

I've ordered a mask from them & being in Toronto, it should be here shortly.
Post Reply Post Reply
Once you know what mask you like, you can order online from Supplier #32 if their price is good for that mask.  They are in Richmond Hill and have sometimes delivered the next day.  Might have been an accident of course (to be that fast).

Their prices used to be better, but Resmed etc got to them and make them charge more. Oh-jeez
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Purr3k - If you are well pleased with your Canadian supplier, please tell us who they are, so that we can consider adding them to the Supplier List, which is short on Canadian suppliers.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-10-2021, 09:23 AM)pholynyk Wrote: Purr3k - If you are well pleased with your Canadian supplier, please tell us who they are, so that we can consider adding them to the Supplier List, which is short on Canadian suppliers.

I will when I get the mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have also dealt with a supplier in the prairies who sometimes has different products. Their name is sl**p y*ti
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-10-2021, 07:54 PM)Cpapian Wrote: I have also dealt with a supplier in the prairies who sometimes has different products.   Their name is sl**p y*ti

The rules on Apnea Board apply to links, including a name with a .com ending, but you can say the names of businesses all day long, provided it is not a link or part of one.  So you can write Sleepy Yeti, Amazon, SecondWindCPAP etc and can even post their address and phone number, just no commercial links or partial links or work-arounds like dot-com. We now return you to your regularly scheduled Canadian CPAP supplier thread.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,211 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,515 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 53 4,326 03-21-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 513 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Recommendations to optimize settings roost 8 624 03-06-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: roost
  Any change recommendations to machine? NativTxn 2 316 02-17-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NativTxn
  Replace mask: recommendations too often? BlueSky1958 1 245 01-28-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.