Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

HYPOPNEA [and EPR]
RE: HYPOPNEA [and EPR]
I think this progress is consistent with the discussion we have been having that EPR (pressure support) is an effective therapy for flow limitation and hypopnea, provided the minimum and maximum pressure is raised. This keeps EPAP in a therapeutic range and gives you that pressure support when you need it for flow limitation. We are actually using your machine like a bilevel now, and this might be an argument that a bilevel machine like the Aircurve 10 VAuto would be more appropriate.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: epr
As to why the OP would have a good night.  A wise person once said on this forum, "one night does not a trend make."  So there could be any number of reasons why you had a good night.  It may or may not have been the EPR.  Monitor at the same settings for a week or two and then you have some more solid data to go on.
Post Reply Post Reply
Merged the two threads, deleted a few posts, and edited one. There. Done.

To the OP, if you have one thread going where people are helping you with a problem, just keep it going within the same thread, even if it seems to drift from the original topic. If it needs to be split, a Moderator will take care of it. This way, all your answers are together and folks can read along.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
sorry I double posted. Tried to remove one but couldn't find a way to delete i

Ok I will follow for a week and let you know how it is working. I would like the thank everybody for

all their time for helping me.
Post Reply Post Reply
So much for good numbers. I go from one of my best nights to one of my worst with the same settings. Just don't get it.
Post Reply Post Reply
It happens...give it time. Words of wisdom from Marillion above.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My numbers keep going up for some reason, l

Some nights I get Cheyne Stokes breathing if the machine is right.

Can someone tell me should I lower the EPR or raise it to help with the Cheyne Stokes  which I guess causes high lever of carbon dioxide?

My question  EPR now is on 1 so which way should I go?

Still trying to get the ASV machine but I guess I need some prove that I need it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HYPOPNEA verification dataq1 22 1,149 02-06-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  Hypopnea - Resmed scoring Opus1 22 1,112 12-03-2023, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Opus1
  3% vs 4% Hypopnea Scoring gohoos1998 7 1,045 10-08-2023, 06:06 PM
Last Post: gohoos1998
  [Symptoms] Rolling "flutter" sensation on apnea/hypopnea, falling asleep ewriter 0 355 09-06-2023, 09:57 AM
Last Post: ewriter
  What Makes This Period of Time an Hypopnea Event? Trevor G 1 413 07-23-2023, 03:46 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  AHI versus "mean apnea–hypopnea duration" (MAD) Henrikc 1 527 03-13-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  CPAP treatment for Hypopnea and Clear Airway silvermangb 3 1,440 10-02-2022, 03:41 AM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.