Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Half Night Sleep Maybe
RE: Half Night Sleep Maybe
Shouldn't have to do extra work to sleep. The machine is supposed to help me sleep but it actually is counter productive as it wakes me up.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-04-2019, 09:25 AM)Wanttosleep80 Wrote: Shouldn't have to do extra work to sleep. The machine is supposed to help me sleep but it actually is counter productive as it wakes me up.

In a perfect world we would get everything we want without any effort. But it's not a perfect world. The machine will help you but it needs to be tuned properly first. You can either get your doctor to do it (and it sounds like he isn't interested), or you can put in a bit of effort and follow the advice that's been given: Download and install Oscar, put up some charts and let us help you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Please do the Oscar thing. That way people can help you start getting the sleep you need. I go to Kaiser Oakland, so I know the limitations there. Sorry Stanford is no better. But the Board will really work with you if you will post some charts. Any ways we can help you do that?
Post Reply Post Reply
You're right, you shouldn't have to work at this to get it right. But the system doesn't work that way. And the broken system is unlikely to ever change.

You have to do your part or you'll not succeed. You have to mask up and man up. I've found out while on the wrong apnea therapy machine 2 1/2 years ago, if I didn't do something about correcting the wrong situation, it wasn't going to correct itself. Note that this comes from a guy with COPD, Complex Apnea, and has suffered from at least 6 vertebrae broken in the last year, that can no longer work a job due to chronic pain of 7 plus daily with a trial of a Spinal Cord Stimulant device trial where insurance blocked pain meds post surgery this Monday, and I'll soon be in a wheelchair for part of each day. I advise you to consider Yoda, Do or Don't, there is no try.

You can DO that OSCAR download, and get us the data and we can then advise what to do to make the therapy work very well. Or don't. Your choice do and succeed or don't and be miserable.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That is very good advise wanttosleep80. As someone who needs a more advanced machine to get rid of my central Apneas that flare up out of nowhere and more frequently as of late I can assure you you need to be your own advocate and fight your way through it and do what you have to do to get it right. As I type this I’m playing telephone tag with my doc because every time my centrals flare I have severe anxiety. I noticed this a few days ago that when they flare up that happens. My obstructives also get longer in duration. I’ve been on Xanax for years and now I know why. Good night of cpap = no anxiety the next day and no desire for Xanax at all, bad night of cpap = severe anxiety “Where the hell did I put my Xanax”. My point in all this is according to my docs NP auto cpaps clear centrals. She is wrong. Next phone call will be to my actual doc and if I don’t like what I hear I’m finding a doc who will. Very frustrating! So keep at it and you will get what you need
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
Consulting with doctor first
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 65 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 208 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Surprised 20 minutes recorded for full night's sleep Deborah K. 10 597 01-06-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] Can't get a good night sleep no matter what. Please help mrsleepyhead2001 1 409 11-24-2023, 01:19 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,362 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  Waking Every Night After Only 3-4 Hours Sleep upsman 6 902 08-06-2023, 07:04 PM
Last Post: upsman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.