Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Happy with your Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset?
RE: Happy with your Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset?
(06-19-2019, 09:14 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote:
StevesSp Wrote:As far as I know, medical insurance in Australia doesn't cover equipment. Mine certainly doesn't. Consequently, I have to pay for it myself.

That will depend very much on your fund and which table you're on.

I only have basic cover which doesn't help with equipment.

You may be eligible for a low / no cost machine via DVA if you are a veteran or through Medicare if you have a Commonwealth senior's health card. Each state government also has its own scheme, but details vary and the general industry consensus is that the schemes are too complex, under-funded and difficult to access.

So far at least, I don't seem to be eligible for any government assisstance.

Although the autoset costs a bit more than a fixed pressure machine, the great majority of users seem to get more comfortable and efficacious treatment with auto ...

That's my hope.

Finally, have you considered importing a machine from the US? Prices for most machines are much lower but you do need to take into account the current exchange rate, cost of shipping and customs handling fees (which I believe are around $80). Also, if you import you will get no support locally and have to send your machine back to America for any warranty work. Luckily they are usually very reliable.

Yes, I've looked at US suppliers and you're right, the prices ARE better. In this case though, I think I'll buy in Oz in order to get local warranty.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
If I am not too late to the party  Too-funny, my husband and I both use the AirSense 10 AutoSet. I have the for Her version, I got mine more recently. I am amazed by how absolutely silent these machines are. I tried another machine at my DME, that I had researched and requested. It was nice and quiet. Then he asked why I wanted that particular machine. I told him why and he explained that the ResMed machine also had those features, although they didn't stress/advertise them and asked if I would like to just try it. Stunned me how much LESS sound there was and that's what I left with!  like I do have an AirMini that I travel with. I've made some adaptations to be able to use it with my Bleep mask and it is substantially quieter that upon arrival, but it is always nice to get home to my usual machine! And of course, being able to auto adjust pressure during the night is a HUGE plus.

Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies so far. The positive experiences of experienced users on here contrasts markedly with those on a couple of product review sites I looked at. It's the usual story of course - those sites mostly attract negative reviews and it's consequently easy to believe just about everything ever made is a piece of cr*p.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Steve...

Longtime S9 user here, stepped up to the S10 about a year ago, mostly because I felt that it was a good time to get a new machine while I still had no problems with the old one.  My plan was to use the old one until it eventually died, and have the new one ready to go under that eventuality.

That's not what happened.  I found I like the new machine way too much to keep using the S9, so *that* is now my travel/backup machine.

I've switched back to the S9 on a couple of trips, so I have some observational comparison data - I find I like the S10 the best.  That *might* be because I have the ClimateLine hose for the S10, and use the Auto temperature and humidity settings.  As far as effectiveness - my numbers on both are similar, so that's not really a factor.

The biggest difference I notice is that I tend to go through a tank of water in the S10 in 2 nights, where with the S9 it's more like 5.  Air temp on the S10 is better - I always preheated the S9 before I put the mask on, and don't have to with the S10.  But again, that's probably the ClimateLine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Chanlon You can always also get a climate line hose for your S9 if you feel the urge
Post Reply Post Reply
I have had my Resmed A10 Autoset for almost 5 years. It has performed perfectly. It is very quiet and the humidification system with the Climateline Air hose is perfect for me when set to the auto adjust mode. I just keep distilled water in the tank.

I can't imagine using a different machine.

Thank you,
v/r
Jeff

PS. I just purchased a new one from #1 on the supplier list that was discounted to $750. I couldn't pass it up.
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,735 16 minutes ago
Last Post: her.suit
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 411 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 109 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 837 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 614 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,605 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.