Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Has anyone been doing well with their CPAP treatment, and suddenly began to struggle?
Has anyone been doing well with their CPAP treatment, and suddenly began to struggle?
That’s happened to me

I’ve been using my ResMed airsense 10 since early June. Took me about 2-3 weeks before I was finally able to get great sleep while wearing the mask. All of July I was getting fantastic sleep, was not struggling at all

Since early August, I’ve found myself waking up without my mask. I still occasionally sleep the whole night without removing the mask, but I’d say half the time I wake up in the morning without my mask, only having used the mask that night for 2-3 hours. I sometimes wake up middle of the night without the mask and put it back on and I manage to sleep the rest of the night with it. I consider myself lucky when my mask comes off and the leak wakes me up so I quickly put it back on.

I felt like a million bucks all of July, I’d say all of August I’ve been feeling maybe only like 700k bucks(lol). Before I started treatment I felt awful
Could it be the brutal SoCal heat?(even during the night it’s hot). This summer has been pretty mild until recently. I’ve also completely stopped drinking caffeine after 2pm. I’ve also thought maybe it’s time to shave my beard and cut my hair, I am getting a bit scruffy. Maybe that could affect how well the mask seals and well the straps stay put to my head. I also did change my machine's filter

Any ideas, tips? Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Has anyone been doing well with their CPAP treatment, and suddenly began to struggle?
The unconscious removal of the mask in sleep is a common problem. Sometimes it just resolves with becoming more comfortable or some people have to do things to make the mask more difficult to remove. A couple things to consider. Turn off the auto start/stop feature so the machine wakes you up if you remove it. Consider getting a Knightsbridge Dual Chinstrap from Supplier #37 and wearing it over the headgear...you won't get the mask off.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Has anyone been doing well with their CPAP treatment, and suddenly began to struggle?
I had 2 surgeries within a year recently and I was thinking I should up my top limit pressure anticipating sleep issues in a hospital and I was correct because I had to sleep on my back because of the 1st operation for months. Looking at my historical charts it indicated a increase in AHI  but not considered overly bad. I should of paid more attention but I had enough issues at the time.
Hospital interview before surgery they asked me if I was using Cpap and they mentioned to me to make sure to bring it along.(I'm glade I did)
Before Surgery  my therapy was excellent and it did affect my situation because of different sleeping positions. 
Hope this helps Cpap folks who have surgery coming up and might have their machine set on certain pressures.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Please help interpret data to improve treatment length during the night GalaxyPast 3 148 04-14-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: GalaxyPast
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 127 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 229 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 19 642 04-02-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] TiredFGO - Treatment Thread TiredFGO 1 130 03-30-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 148 03-27-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 64 2,118 03-26-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: tcinoz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.