Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Has anyone used a FlashAir card in a Resmed Aircurve 10 Asv
RE: Has anyone used a FlashAir card in a Resmed Aircurve 10 Asv
My apologies for resurrecting this old thread. But after last night I am almost at my wits end trying to make my new Toshiba FlashAir to work as it should. I tried using Flashpap to configure the card and when I did everything step by step it seemed to work until I got to the very end and tried to receive data from the machine but it never wanted to connect. I purchased the 16Gb W-02 version instead of the more often recommended W-03 Sad My question at this time is, would that make a difference as far as connectability goes? Should I have in fact purchased the W-03 or would it not make a difference?

I can see the Flashpap card with my mobile phone over the network intermittently but for some reason I am not connecting to the card once it is in my Airsense 10 Autoset with FlashPap. I am going to try the long amount of steps mentioned above but I was under the impression that Flashpap did all the configuration for you on the FlashAir. Before I got into doing the step by step above, I first wanted to make sure the W-02 version I purchased should still work... Thanks everyone.
Post Reply Post Reply
Marillion,
Please start a new thread and post a listing of your CONFIG file in the FlashAir's SD_WLAN directory.  Additionally, post the network address you are using.  

Here are the command line commands for Windows and other OS's
Windows: ipconfig
All other OS's: ifconfig
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Crimson. Will do.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-07-2015, 01:14 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: All the software is done by unpaid volunteers.    Sometimes folks help to provide more tests with specific machines, sometimes we just make some logical assumptions because we have no one coming forward to test stuff fully.  The point being is that this is all user-based, volunteer software creation and testing.  There is no budget to test everything with every machine, every time.  It's all dependent upon volunteers to post their issues (if any) with the hardware and software.

As for hardware testing, we can't force people to test a FlashAir card with their AirCurve 10 ASV... they have to volunteer to do it, and then come here and let us know whether or not it worked.  You did that, and I'm glad.  Perhaps we need a bit more time for others to test it.

In the absence of real testing by folks with your machine, all we can do is offer possible suggestions, which is what happened in your other thread.   It's not their fault that they don't have your machine - they're just trying to help as much as they can with limited information.

Hopefully others will post here who have done what you've done so we can see if this is a common problem or not.

Thanks.

Coffee

Well said SuperSleeper!

Might I add, one of the most frustrating things is a lack of feedback from folks who use my Sleep Master program. I get some contact with those having problems, and try to help them and often find software bugs while doing so.

If it works, let the author know.

If it does not work, let the author know and be willing to help work through the issue.

Sleep Master is in constant development and the author needs feedback - http://www.sleepmaster.org/contact.html

Tom

Coffee
Admin Note:
Jack_Russell_Fan passed away in June 2020
For his SleepMaster software, click here.

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Good points Tom! I wasn't even aware of Sleep Master. How does it differ from FlashPap?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-02-2017, 11:07 AM)Marillion Wrote: Good points Tom!  I wasn't even aware of Sleep Master.  How does it differ from FlashPap?

Information about Sleep Master can be found here:   http://www.sleepmaster.org/

Tom

Sleep-well
Admin Note:
Jack_Russell_Fan passed away in June 2020
For his SleepMaster software, click here.

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
[quote pid='145159' dateline='1451756602']

E. Reinitializing the FlashAir SD card if power is interrupted or the card is inadvertently removed
1. If power is turned off or if you remove the FlashAir card from your xPAP machine or there is a power loss, the card may need to be reinitialized. Google FlashAir II Config Utility to download, save, install and run the FlashAir Tool from Toshiba.
2. Follow the on-screen prompts to Initialize the card. When instructed, safely remove the SD card as follows: Open Computer, right click the SD’s card drive, select Eject and remove the card (multiple times if prompted). When you see "Initialize succeeded,” click OK, leave the card in the card reader and close the FlashAirTool. Perform Part A steps above.

[/quote]

I successfully installed a FlashAir SD card using Papit's instructions on page 1 above. However, recently we had a power outage which is not unusual around here, and connection to the FlashAir failed with 'Connection Refused' message. Remembering the instructions quoted above, I reinitialized the card and performed Part A (edit Config file). Still got the 'Connection Refused' message, but then checked my router's DHCP table and saw the card had a new (different) IP address. After changing FlashPAP to the new IP address (192.168.1.6), all worked well today.

However due I guess to being reinitialized all previous data was lost and I realised that if we had another power outage the day before I had to visit my doctor I would have no data for him to view! Pondering this some more, I wonder why there is a need to reinitialize the card, thus (I gather) destroying the prior data and the Config file?
Would a power outage (or just removing the card) not just result in a new IP address being generated? So perhaps all that is necessary if I see a 'Connection Refused' message after a power outage is to ascertain the new IP address from my routers DHCP table and enter that into FlashPAP?

I decided to power cycle my Resmed A10 machine to test this theory. After the power cycle, the new IP address 192.168.1.6 remained in the DHCP table associated with the mac address of the card. FlashPAP still connected and worked fine! I noted that the lease time had reset to 24:00:00. So perhaps the power outage needs to be long enough for the original lease to expire before it generates a new IP address after a power outage?

I would appreciated comments on my theory, or if anyone can explain why the tedious process of reinitialize/config setup needs to be redone.
Post Reply Post Reply
We highly recommend that you set a static IP on the FlashAir to eliminate the problem.

Here are the parameters required in the SD_WLAN/Config file:
DHCP_Enabled=NO
IP_Address=192.168.1.150   (Note: use your network numbers here.  Make sure you assign an IP that isn't being used.).
Subnet_Mask=255.255.255.0
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Bernie.  I too was and am annoyed about having to repeatedly reinitialize the card.  I suppose the "blame" rests with one of ResMed's software engineers.  I have no idea as to whether or not s/he had a good reason for setting things up that way or even if s/he intentionally meant to.  In any case, I agree, it is a pain.  I guess the lesson here is to remove the card and copy and save its previously collected data before reinitializing it in the machine. Make sense?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Mike.
I take it this means you do not think making the IP address permanent as per the previous reply will help?

So, what do you think is going on? I have removed the STANDARD OEM SD card many times before implementing the FlashAir, and never had a problem. Are you saying that when there is a power outage, on reboot all non-standard files (IE CONFIG etc)  on the FlashAir SD card are overwritten or removed by the firmware leaving only the ‘standard’  files? So the FlashAir card should continue to work in regards saving data, but just would not be contactable via the network.

If it happens again I will closely examine what files/folders are left on the FlashAir card to get a better idea. Strangely, switching the power off manually today had no effect; it continued to be accessible via the same IP address.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResM AirCurve 11 VAuto - Where to send zip file Empty13220 1 69 04-09-2024, 09:07 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  VAuto 11 Resmed SD card zip for developers. Where to upload? OviBerger 1 105 04-08-2024, 08:24 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Aircurve 11 Bipap skcampbell2 4 277 03-09-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 740 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Question Importing Data Only After A Certain Date ResMed AirCurve 10 somewherein413 4 376 02-14-2024, 05:40 PM
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,692 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
Question Is there a way of formatting a 64gb SD card to work with the AirCurve 10? niurefine 4 661 01-09-2024, 05:28 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.