Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Having Centrals but not Diagnosed with Centrals, also having CSR's
RE: Having Centrals but not Diagnosed with Centrals, also having CSR's
I too would be disappointed in the handling of this. OK if this were me, I'd make that Dr. appointment. At that appointment, you tell the doc the study must have ASV included. Ask him/her to confirm this or it's a waste of your money.

Better to pay a small office visit fee than to take on a more expensive study that is potentially not headed the right way. Tell the doc it must include ASV or forget it and get up and leave.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Damn straight Dave!

Thanks for telling like it is!!!!!

ABA
(08-19-2020, 10:26 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I too would be disappointed in the handling of this. OK if this were me, I'd make that Dr. appointment. At that appointment, you tell the doc the study must have ASV included. Ask him/her to confirm this or it's a waste of your money.

Better to pay a small office visit fee than to take on a more expensive study that is potentially not headed the right way. Tell the doc it must include ASV or forget it and get up and leave.

I’ve made the appointment (via telephone so I don’t have to travel) for 2 weeks time & my partner/girlfriend has asked to sit in; that’s the best backup I’m going to ever get, she  doesn’t mix words and told me this morning (before I posted) that I needed to speak to the doctor and say exactly what you said, clarity or go elsewhere.

Multiple people (apart from just my partner) agreeing, gives me the some faith that I’m not just being a bad person/patient.

Thank you
My sincere best wishes you will succeed. Keep us updated here and if you have any other questions, just ask.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
I got an update; it was booked for a “CPAP titration study”.

“Central sleep apnoeas are highly associated with medications and other substance intake as well as central nervous system and cardiac disorders. In order for me to interrogate the central apnoeas seen on your previous CPAP downloads. I'll need the information listed below.”

I provided all that information i was asked for regarding medications etc from my GP...

“(Please note ultimately the only objective measure of central sleep apnoea is a sleep study. The CPAP machines operate with algorithms that may be influenced by leak and other factors.)”

So I was expecting something looking at the machine reported Centrals; what I got was, “we need a test to prove you have Centrals before we consider a ASV titration study.“
A standard CPAP sleep study or a titration? FWIW on my sleep study to try for BPAP, it revealed an overwhelming amount of CA. So maybe the sleep study is OK. A CPAP titration isn't expected to help though IMO.
(08-20-2020, 05:11 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: A standard CPAP sleep study or a titration? FWIW on my sleep study to try for BPAP, it revealed an overwhelming amount of CA. So maybe the sleep study is OK. A CPAP titration isn't expected to help though IMO.

CPAP titration study; is what it was booked for. So other than potentially showing Centrals during the CPAP titration study; then maybe I’d get the next sort of study done whoever that means.
I think we should see what others say, but I think a titration for the wrong machine could be a waste of your resources.
That’s what’s been said before and I found out the hospital has a 2* rating too; anyway; I’ve got the appointment to speak to the doctor in a fortnight so I’ll address my concerns then but it’s clean that the doctor doesn’t believe the Centrals recorded by the machine are “true Centrals” no matter what happens I’m going to have to go have another sleep study, I’m both not feeling the low rated hospital and secondly I feel unheard. Anyway.
Copy it loud n clear. It's the universal way to treat CA by not seeing them. Central Apnea on reports causes medical "professionals" to go blind. They cannot see CA on charts of any kind. Keep on target and I do sincerely wish you get their attention to see the problem with CA. It's pretty amazing that OSCAR data is unacceptable and their archaic report is acceptable. Hammer Hammer

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Questions for newly diagnosed Schernenk 21 303 8 minutes ago
Last Post: Schernenk
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 53 Yesterday, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  ASV not catching onset / transitional centrals Boodmaster 14 379 03-26-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 64 1,786 03-26-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 118 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Diagnosed with SA 70AHI Newbie2024 16 381 03-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Newbie2024
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 290 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.