Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

He's alive!!
He's alive!!
I just thought I would mention that on February 6 2018 I underwent open heart surgery in which my Aortic valve was replaced by bits of a cow valve and also four bypasses of my coronary arteries.

I saw the cardiologist Friday and was pronounced good to go. An echocardiogram showed the new valve working properly and the heart is performing normally. I have no chest pain on effort anymore and the rhythm has become nice and regular. I can climb stairs without panting and feel overall much better than before the surgery. The cardiologist wants to see me again in a year.

All free including the 1 week stay in hospital.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: He's alive!!
Congratulations on the success of your surgery.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2018, 10:02 PM)Melman Wrote: Congratulations on the success of your surgery.

Thanks.

I was surprised at how short the wait was here in Canada where we supposedly have to endure endless ones. Actually I saw my surgeon in early December and the surgery was in early February. It would have been earlier but the surgeon insisted on my have all my rotten teeth pulled and that took until mid January.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
Ed,
Happy to hear your surgery went well. Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congratulations and best wished for an improved life.

Was there any change in your sleep apnea?
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Instead of snoring in you sleep do you now moo? No really glad your doing good. No sky diving for awhile ok.
Post Reply Post Reply
Awesome! Here's to a speedy recovery and a new lease on life!
Post Reply Post Reply
Great to hear! Congrats
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the club! I had a quadruple bypass last June, and have just finished a six month walking rehab course. It's made a big difference to my recovery. The angina had kept me from walking for so long I was seriously out of shape.
It's good to hear that you are feeling better already.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great to hear Ed. It's a life-changing moment. Enjoy life #2.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.