Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

He's alive!!
RE: He's alive!!
(04-13-2018, 01:04 PM)Sleep2Snore Wrote: You got on better than my mate, he still puffs and pants going up a stair and walking.
He also had the quadruple by-pass done at the same time, I think they used a vain from his leg.

Yes, I was fortunate - these operations are not always so successful. I think I was lucky that I did not have any heart attacks before the surgery so my heart muscle recovered well after they improved its blood supply. These operations do nothing to fix any damage the heart muscle suffers before the surgery - if your heart muscle has been injured by heart attacks before you had surgery the damage will remain.

Quote:He got a shock when they came to take out all the pipes that were draining him after surgery.
The nurse came in and grabbed the pipes and just pulled them out and let them fall on the floor.
I would have loved to have seen the look on his face when she did that.

The nurses here in Victoria B.C. were quite gentle and warned me before they pulled the tubes that I might feel some pain. The tubes go through muscle and fat and really the only way is to just pull them out, but they should warn you. Don't know if they let my tubes fall on the floor but once they were gone I didn't much care what happened to them.

The cardiac surgery in Victoria apparently is one of the two best in Canada so guess I lucked out by living here, too.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.