Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] A Raising of the Duvet
A Raising of the Duvet
With sleep causing many side issues, I would like to know, if O.S.A. can have an effect on night time erections in men would this lead to a lower Testosterone. If this is so and testosterone can cause lack of motivation, would then this also cause daytime sleepyness Thinking-about

Some people who have OSA have also got Low Testosterone and are on HRT. The reason behind this post is Im trying to find out why I still nap in the daytime? If all my readings are pointing to me being ok and my AHI being low then I must look elsewhere why Im still tired. Ive had all my bloods done and with my only problem being a Liver problem then I cant see any other problems that could cause me to still be tired. Just wish I could sort this out Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: A Raising of the Duvet
(03-06-2012, 05:14 AM)Gazby Wrote: With sleep causing many side issues, I would like to know, if O.S.A. can have an effect on night time erections in men would this lead to a lower Testosterone. If this is so and testosterone can cause lack of motivation, would then this also cause daytime sleepyness Thinking-about

Some people who have OSA have also got Low Testosterone and are on HRT. The reason behind this post is Im trying to find out why I still nap in the daytime? If all my readings are pointing to me being ok and my AHI being low then I must look elsewhere why Im still tired. Ive had all my bloods done and with my only problem being a Liver problem then I cant see any other problems that could cause me to still be tired. Just wish I could sort this out Oh-jeez

have you looked into restless leg syndrome? rls has the same tiring effects on you as osa. some people have both and won't feel better until both are treated. rls is usually treated with low doses of parkinsons disease medicines.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
Ahhhhh I do get RLS sometimes but very rarely and I also get this in my arms too. Im seeing my doc this week so will mention it, thanks very much for that.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-06-2012, 12:43 PM)Gazby Wrote: Ahhhhh I do get RLS sometimes but very rarely and I also get this in my arms too. Im seeing my doc this week so will mention it, thanks very much for that.

Thanks

restless leg doesn't always mean movements you can see and feel. when your legs or leg muscles go into action when you're sleeping, they wake you from deep to dream sleep the same as stopping breathing does. if you describe symptoms well enough he may not need to test you for it in another sleep study of the legs. he could just prescribe something and see if it helps. normally in a sleep study they look for restless leg symtoms.

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
When I asked my primary about RLS, he looked at my PSG and said nope.

I then got an appointment with a Neurologist/Sleep Doctor...and first thing he asks when he comes into the room is, "are you taking anything for your RLS?"

Now I am....and its been a subtle improvement to my sleep. It also has stopped the area under my feet from wearing out so fast in my sheets.

Specifically, I'm 1mg of Ropinirole at night....

The reason I looked at this thread....one thing I've always needed and still need is the weight of bedding on me to help me sleep at night. No matter how hot it might be....

And, I also have low testosterone...and have been getting testosterone shots every other week for a couple years now.

Also the name of RLS has changed to Willis-Ekbom Disease... because it doesn't just affect legs. Which fits...because when I was younger I often felt it in my arms. Though mom said I always kicked in bed. Which made it hard to make me share a bed with my brother in motels. OTOH, I would fall asleep in the car, bus, plane all the time...and that made things good. (though not so good when I was behind the wheel doing 120km/hr.)

First trip after I started CPAP, I stayed awake on the bus/plane the whole time. Found it really boring, since I had no idea what to do to pass the time. But, I'm back to being out like a light as we taxi down the runway....until just be landing... and I'm on Nuvigil.

Basically...there could be other things wrong and its a painful process to go through...and I'm still going through it. I don't consider "Idiopathic Hypersomnia" a diagnosis...since Hypersomnia just means I'm sleepy all the time, and Idiopathic means the doctor doesn't know why.

The Dreamer.
You may be a dreamer, but I'm The Dreamer, the definite article you might say!
Post Reply Post Reply
my wife also takes Ropinirole for rls. hers is 2mg.

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pressure not raising during flow limitations Rebdr 2 337 10-26-2023, 09:33 AM
Last Post: Rebdr
  PhillipsRespironics is no longer automatically raising pressure LesliePR 5 787 01-27-2021, 10:19 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Help: CPAP Pressure raising too quickly to abnormal level Bossnore 8 1,156 12-20-2020, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Bossnore
  AHI raising Scotsgizmo 3 1,603 10-31-2016, 09:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Tried a few things to lower my AHI only to end up raising it Lanco 8 3,363 09-08-2016, 09:55 PM
Last Post: eseedhouse
Rainbow Raising Head of Bed? linn 12 4,392 11-30-2015, 07:49 AM
Last Post: linn
  Widow raising awareness Dreamcatcher 0 2,413 08-04-2012, 01:12 AM
Last Post: Dreamcatcher

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.