Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] Doctor Visit Frequency
RE: Doctor Visit Frequency
(04-18-2018, 11:59 AM)samfromnj Wrote: Thanks Ron, I will check the link.

So, how often do you see your sleep doctor?

Sam

Sam, I don't really have a sleep doctor. I am in Canada and just see a general practice doctor. He referred me to a sleep clinic with a so called sleep technician. I was not at all impressed by the technician, and will not be returning to see her ever. I have some issues with my breathing pattern that I will discuss with my GP on my next visit with him, but I suspect he will not be all that helpful either. The way things work here I always have to weigh the risk of raising issues with my doctor vs the risk of still being able to get travel health insurance. Pre-existing conditions once formally identified and documented can be problematic. The insurer can deny coverage after the fact. If I don't raise the CPAP issue he will probably have forgotten he sent me to a sleep clinic!
Post Reply Post Reply
Ron - I have a similar experience with my Doctor too - so I guess as long as we make sure the AHI is less than 5, I guess we are doing well with the therapy.

Thanks

Sam
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry. I still didn't really answer your question. I see my GP once every 6 months, mainly to renew prescriptions. No expectation of any help with CPAP therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
stolen phrase from Hydrangea: "deal with it". Ironically, that was my first pulmonary Duck doc's name... Dr. deal-with-it. You want a heated hose, deal with it, you can't adjust to high CPAP pressure, deal with it...no kidding...

Duck indeed...

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Once a year for me. I now see his nurse practitioner which is a good thing because she seems to have some understanding of CPAP therapy whereas I never saw any evidence that he did and never discussed it with me after it was initially prescribed. Some just use there primary care physician which I will probably move to in the future. The copays are less and she is much more caring than the sleep doc,
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have only seen a technician. I never have seen a dr.. I can email the technician any time to get so far any supplies i Imight want. I have Kaiser and dme is aprea.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey, I guess you must be an interesting patient. Many of us don't see the doctor again. We see PAs and NPs. That's why I don't go any more. My primary writes my script for supplies.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again to all of you. I love the friendly support here.

Sam   like
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 190 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  My doctor suggested patience Annecelesye 26 3,732 03-23-2024, 03:02 AM
Last Post: Annecelesye
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 527 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Doctor switched my wife over to an ASV machine, it has doubled her AHI MaybeTowelie 18 934 12-21-2023, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Most Informtive Metrics To Send To Doctor BlueSky1958 3 331 12-17-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] How to send data from older Resmed Airsense 10 to sleep doctor? silverchief2 6 793 12-15-2023, 03:50 PM
Last Post: silverchief2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.