Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] Extremely fatigued even after 2 months of CPAP
RE: Extremely fatigued even after 2 months of CPAP
Here is my Oscar data from May 22, the data for May 23 said I only wore my mask for 2 hours, so I didn't include it.

I'm concerned about my AHI, it's 4.08 and my average is 2.24. This is why I'm wondering if I need to go to a different sleep doctor for a second opinion, my AHI and central apnea events are increasing. The sleep doctor I saw said it's fine though and that she isn't concerned.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried zooming in to see whether your CAs are post-arousal? (Even OAs can sometimes be post-arousal.) It's important for you to try to learn how to do this. I'd be happy to take a look at a zoomed in view if that would help. See if you can zoom in to a span of about 5 or 6 minutes that captures the events that clustered at around 10:25.

Did you go to bed on the 22nd at 7 a.m.? Or am I reading that wrong?
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:Did you go to bed on the 22nd at 7 a.m.? Or am I reading that wrong?
  No that’s correct, for the last 2 or 3 days, I’ve been having a super hard time falling asleep. Last night I didn’t get any sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, back after exhausting travelling. 

I know you are looking for machine settings to reduce your centrals and improve your quality of sleep.
There are however limitations in what a machine can do. A lot of tweaking of your settings has already been done, and I think now we have tried all the obvious possibilities.

I believe now the solution is elsewhere. Your doctor could be on the right track on focusing on trying to regulate your circadian rhythm, and Gainerfull and Dormeo are quite right about walking and exercise.

Regular exercise is vital for general well being, and I believe can solve many health issues. This can help clean up the potential  negative side effects of medicines that many of us take, to a greater or lesser extent. I see from your posts you make reference to the following medicines:-

Melatonin
Cymbalta
Propranolol
Trazodone
Hydroxyzine
Beta-blocker

Maybe a well qualified pharmacist could guide you to see if there are any that are messing up your general well being, and of any possibilities of simplification. 

I wish you well and hope you get the right professional help that works for you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New car smell months later dkmk 4 285 04-15-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad 7 Years of Pap Therapy and Still Utterly Fatigued. Top doctors Unhelpful kalensk 1 152 04-11-2024, 06:48 PM
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 176 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
  Slept fully twice in 3 months since starting CPAP for CSA redking2436 14 868 03-30-2024, 08:09 AM
Last Post: redking2436
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 408 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,766 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Going nowhere with ASV after 3 months CaliforniaDreamer 20 582 03-08-2024, 08:56 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.