Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] SENTINEL BEHAVIOR
SENTINEL BEHAVIOR
I heard an interesting discussion today about why some people may be predisposed to sleep interruptions and/or light sleep behaviors. It might be a useful concept to consider as an adjunct to sleeping disorders. It is known as "sentinel behavior" and it is often exhibited by parents with newborn children and those who care for others and sensitive to their potential need for assistance during the night.

What I found most surprising is that those who are actively using some form of xPAP therapy still have the behavior and that can account for less than restful sleep.

Just thought I would pass it along.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Odd Machine Behavior - ResMed AS10 AutoSet xhwmikey 3 746 03-14-2022, 05:29 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  EPR behavior not making sense during apnea event - Airsense 10 Auto PurchanceToDream 12 2,014 07-24-2021, 12:18 AM
Last Post: cathyf
  Buy machine to avoid DME's hidden pricing behavior I find odious? willo 28 4,068 12-08-2018, 07:16 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  APAP behavior puzzling to me TyroneShoes 27 7,646 12-28-2014, 05:22 PM
Last Post: surferdude2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.