Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] UARS diagnosed twice, using a CPAP, and still waking in the middle of the night.
RE: UARS diagnosed twice, using a CPAP, and still waking in the middle of the night.
Hello, i just changed to the airfit p30i, I'm adapting it, and of course i had a lot of air leaks and so on, my AHI came up a little bit higher, but i had a good night sleep i think, from 1-10, i had a 7.5. The nasal mask i had before was a pain in the ass for my nose, very uncomfortable, pillow mask is a improvement.  

My question is, as i am now using a pillow mask type, should i reduce the max pressure from 11 to 10 for a little more confort? Thanks in advanced.

[Image: screenshot-20230513-082911.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: UARS diagnosed twice, using a CPAP, and still waking in the middle of the night.
Results are much better today AHI 0.42! But i'm still getting that OA event that wakes me up in the middle of the night at 3:30 AM and 5:15. Any suggestions on how to prevent that? I reduced my clonazepam intake from 2MG to 0.5, that's another good news, i just take it when i wake up in the middle of the night.

[Image: screenshot-20230514-082310.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Guys i don't think i'm adapting to APAP, i just feel uncomfortable when exhaling, even with EPR at 3 full time. My anxiety at night is very high and i feel like im suffocating, to the point the i take off the mask in the middle of the night. I'm thinking getting a bilevel vauto from resmed or ASV, what you guys think? I want to be able to exhale easily, since that increases my anxiety and i think is producing me night arousals, inhalatory pressure is well welcome.
Post Reply Post Reply
Obstructive events are fixed with more minimum pressure but only 3 events in 7hrs is already really great.

I feel like I'm suffocating on EPR 3 as well and have found EPR 1 to be the most comfortable for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a study report, I have +15 RDI

Which this means, i'm better off with ASV or Vauto? I hate expiration with APAP. My goal is to lower RDI, not AHI, AHI is so low is not relevant for me. Dr Krakow and Dr Park both say ASV is much better for UARS, To be honest i don't care guys, i would spent the extra money for the ASV instead of the Vauto if is worth it.
[Image: Screenshot-2023-05-12-at-11-25-20.png]

[Image: Screenshot-2023-05-12-at-11-25-26.png]

[Image: Screenshot-2023-05-12-at-11-25-41.png]

https://i.ibb.co/xgMT8cX/Screenshot-2023...-25-41.png
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 15 421 1 hour ago
Last Post: Humancyclone7
  New to BiPAP, hoping for titration assistance? (Probable UARS) Easing5319 15 1,126 Yesterday, 05:43 PM
Last Post: jkossis
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,346 Yesterday, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 50 2,155 04-16-2024, 02:57 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Flow Limit and frequent waking issues Premier1991 3 184 04-15-2024, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Middle of the night wakeup SteveC 1 123 04-10-2024, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Smile Questions for newly diagnosed Schernenk 25 714 04-09-2024, 09:13 PM
Last Post: Schernenk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.