Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] distilled water / ahi/events per hr
RE: distilled water / ahi/events per hr
As far as humidifier water is concerned, I use distilled water. I top it up every day and empty it sometime (when the idea strikes me at an opportune moment).

I agree that pouring leftover distilled water back into the bottle/jug is not a good idea. Leaving it in the humidifier tank is not so bad. The opportunities to pick up contaminants are few and I have never had a problem with it. I will tell you that I have not had an illness of any kind since I started CPAP 5 years ago.

In the end, you should research the action yourself and do what seems best for you.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: distilled water / ahi/events per hr
I use distilled water and add some if it gets low. After four or five days I wash the tank in soapy water. I never pour water from the tank back into the bottle. I know that in some areas distilled water is harder to get or expensive. Here it's only 88 cents per gallon. When we travel I sometime use bottled drinking water.
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Still tired and CA events liebano 3 69 52 minutes ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 15 431 2 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,407 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 97 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 273 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 93 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,816 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.