Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Heated Hose Resistance - Philips & Resmed
Heated Hose Resistance - Philips & Resmed
Don't know if this would be useful/interesting to anyone troubleshooting why a heated hose may not heat, but I did some measurements so as to have a future reference. All measurements done with a Fluke digital meter which I trust is fairly accurate. I had two each of the 12mm and 15mm Philips heated hoses and the reads compared very close between the same diameter size hoses. The reads that were up in the kilo-ohms make me think there is a partially conductive insulation on the heating wire which may serve as a shield or perhaps a protective function if the heater wire should burn open.
If someone should happen to know the voltage present at the pins of the connectors on the machines that would be handy to have.

[Image: sbxgwLE.jpg]

[Image: yibNmbY.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 40 3,215 5 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,959 348,881 10 hours ago
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 316 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 181 28,811 03-10-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,069 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Hose volume Willw 4 217 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 933 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.