Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hello Everyone New guy to sleep apnea.
RE: Hello Everyone New guy to sleep apnea.
I agree the first set of edits made a big difference for the good. Keep at it and congrats on the success.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh while I'm thinking of it folks. I think sarcasticdave sugested the ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto bpap as maybe an alternative to the autosense 10 i have. I feel really good after last nights moves. Do ya'll still think I may need to switch machines? Or will this one be good enough?  Im sure the Dr will go with this one. 

Booger
Post Reply Post Reply
It depends on mainly 2 things, the AutoSet handling your Apnea successful and your comfort while the PAP does its thing. And FWIW the reason I'd brought up BPAP/VAuto was the higher pressures and that maybe it would not be comfortable. So now the ball is in your court to determine if you feel comfortable. The AutoSet is proven capable to help. If you think comfort is fine, no need to take on the machine change battle.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well Folk's,
I still feel good and rested. Its looking a little weird though. I went to bed last night on the 7th at around 11p and woke today at around 8ish mask off. Times are off missing some hrs? But still good though. Or should i say GREAT compared to a month ago.
Well here's the screenshots please leave feedback. 

Thanks
Booger

Machine settings.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You seem to be doing quite well, although you have managed to tuck your chin a few times. The results are good other than removing the mask last night.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Everyone,
Here are 6 snapshots that I will post the 1st 3 will be of my last 3 night's of sleep. Then i will post 3 of When i work night shift.
Just for fun and input.

Post Reply Post Reply
Here's when I work nights.
Thanks for any help you can give. but I'm feeling better than before the cpap. Sleep is nice!!!!

thanks
booger

Post Reply Post Reply
It's a bit rough looking at times, much more on your second set. Multiple small sleep chunks. Shift work tends to play havoc without Apnea. How would you grade your comfort and feel? If it's improving the longer you used it, then it's a pass. Leak control seems to be the weakest area, but I'd not chase after perfection. If you're not getting disruptions, let it ride a few weeks and revisit.
Post Reply Post Reply
Melatonin can be a good natural sleep aid for people that have to change when they sleep. Usually comes in 5 milligram tablets, you will need 10 mg to feel like it's time to sleep. AHI is fine, but you need to get to sleep and don't want to use drugs, Melatonin is the natural sleep hormone.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah I just picked up a new n30 adjustable strap for the p10 pillow mask i use. And I hope my collar comes in today so i can give that a try tonight also. But yeah swing shift is a b%^*h for sleep apnea. But that's probably for another post.
Thanks for all your help sarcasticdave.

booger
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 2 109 Yesterday, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Just had a sleep study - Central Sleep Apnea with Cheyne Stokes srpmccarthy 3 196 Yesterday, 11:10 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Medicare and Sleep Apnea Equipment chzuck 12 277 04-10-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 156 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  Need help with RERAs in sleep apnea shedu1337 8 323 04-03-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: shedu1337
  Heart Failure with Sleep Apnea kwhenrykerr 2 228 04-02-2024, 07:48 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 404 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.