Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hello Oscar ー Goodbye Oscar
Hello Oscar ー Goodbye Oscar
I have been using Sleephead since I bought my AirSense 10 more than 5 years ago. I have used the official Resmed software but I found the installation just ridiculously complicated and unnecessary for results that I didn't consider useful and the GUI simply horrible.

I tried Oscar since I read Oscar is awesome like Sleepyhead but more so. It will import your Sleepyhead profiles and data into Oscar although this takes a while.

I looked at my data et al. Even though I MIGRATED vs IMPORTED my data, the layout was not what I expected. For instance. Oscar didn't keep my "modules" such as Flow rate and more in the correct order. 

More importantly, I'm a late sleeper and late riser. SH had no issue knowing that my "day" starts AFTER 12 pm. Both have the same disclaimer about Resmed's NOON day. As such, my daily AHI and other stats are all out whack with Oscar.  

SH works fine for me on my older Windows 7 system. Oscar simply doesn't.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hello Oscar ー Goodbye Oscar
Of course you realize you can organize the charts, move them around. Both Sleepyhead and OSCAR are just report tools.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If organizing the modules was the only issue, I wouldn't have posted. Some modules didn't appear at all. To me, OSCAR turned out to be an [incomplete] reporting tool compared to SH which I will still use with my Air Sense 10.
Post Reply Post Reply
Which modules (do you mean graphs?) are missing?

It would not surprise me if graph order were lost during migration, but any changes you make to graph order in OSCAR will be remembered by OSCAR.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Oscar is a sequel straight to SleepyHead. The same codes and have been further developed. It's definitely a matter of settings in the program.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-23-2022, 04:17 AM)unidee Wrote: The Oscar is a sequel straight to SleepyHead. The same codes and have been further developed. It's definitely a matter of settings in the program.

Is that right? It seems like a downgrade.

Please do share where the settings in the program allow Oscar can behave like Sleepyhead where if I go to bed at 6 am and wake at 2 pm it shows my AHI for the "night" like SH? Because right now my AHI is split at noon.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2022, 03:45 AM)GuyScharf Wrote: Which modules (do you mean graphs?) are missing?

It would not surprise me if graph order were lost during migration, but any changes you make to graph order in OSCAR will be remembered by OSCAR.

It seems the latest version has all the modules albeit out of order. The one I used in the past didn't, or at least that's what i recall. I can't change the day split but I could with SH.
Post Reply Post Reply
I assume you are using SH v1.0 because the movable day-split was removed in SH v1.1. The ResMed machines store their settings and statistics in a file that creates a new day record at noon machine time.

If you are happy with SH v1.0, keep on using it. Just don't upgrade to an AS11.

My solution for sleeping past noon has been to set machine noon to wall clock 6:00 pm. Clumsy perhaps, but it keeps the sessions together.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2022, 06:48 AM)Hmm888 Wrote: Please do share where the settings in the program allow Oscar can behave like Sleepyhead where if I go to bed at 6 am and wake at 2 pm it shows my AHI for the "night" like SH? Because right now my AHI is split at noon.

Some day I dreamed Oscar could display data with AI. Or user could be able to set times when he usually goes to sleep and awakes up.  But those are big changes to program logic. At leat I have dramed Oscar could be able to think a 15 hour sleeping as a one night even if I woke up 16 pm. Well. This is one development idea for the coming years to the Oscars. If it’s easy to code, then one can show up for an Oscar.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think Oscar 1.2.0 was a big change to better software than SH 1.0. 1.2.0 was the first version when everything worked fine for my own use.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie Q on using OSCAR for first time Tman1966 1 23 1 hour ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR and DreamStation 2 sallym 11 590 Today, 01:20 AM
Last Post: sallym
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 77 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Oscar and ResMed Domino96 13 773 Yesterday, 06:53 PM
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 56 Yesterday, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Cannot run Oscar on Mac Studio w/Sonoma 14.4 Morseman 4 76 Yesterday, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Morseman
  Only english language after I upgraded to Oscar 1.5.2 faine 3 71 Yesterday, 02:28 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.