Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help Please - I May Have Made my SD Card Unreadable by OSCAR
Help Please - I May Have Made my SD Card Unreadable by OSCAR
I have been using OSCAR, locking the SD card when I put it in the computer, and unlocking it when I put it back in the CPAP. Yesterday I forgot to lock it when I put it in the computer, and today OSCAR can not import the data. The machine is a Resmed AirSense 10.  The computer is a MacBook Pro running Mojave. I think I had read, maybe in the Wiki, that the problem is that the computer will write a hidden index file or something that messes it up for OSCAR, I really don't know - if anyone knows what my options are, either to fix the existing SD card or start over with a new one, I would sincerely appreciate to hear from you!
Pat Anderson
Happily retired in Birch Bay, WA
Blog: http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help Please - I May Have Made my SD Card Unreadable by OSCAR
That applies only for the Resmed S9 series. Resmed corrected this issue on the A10 series. If you had a problem, it is usually that you didn't press the SD card in far enough, until the lock clicked, to hold the card in its slot.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the response!

I am pretty sure the SD card is pressed in because the SD card shows up in the Finder and the usual files are visible. I did "ls -a" from the Terminal in the /volumes/"NO NAME" folder (the name of the SD card is "NO NAME" and the "-a" shows all including hidden files) and there are two hidden directories, .Spotlight-V10 and one other.

Can I start over with a fresh SD card? How does it get formatted for the Resmed machine? OSCAR had been asking me before to confirm that it is a Resmed formatted SD card. Now Finder can see the SD card but it makes OSCAR unresponsive with the whirling beachball of death, requiring a force quit.

I am not generally afraid of the Terminal, but here if I start trying to delete hidden files, I feel like I might be playing with fire!
Pat Anderson
Post Reply Post Reply
Any SD card from 2 to 32 GB formatted to FAT32 (standard format).
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, the solution  turned out to be trivial. I copied the visible files from the original SD that came with the AirSense 10 to my computer, I then formatted a 16 GB SD card I had on hand. Finally, I copied the files from the computer to the freshly formatted SD card. OSCAR imported it just fine. When I put it back in the AirSense, there was a momentary message about "preparing the card" and then back the usual Home screen. All good. 

I will be sure to lock the SD card when I put it in the MacBook Pro from here on out!

Thanks.
Pat Anderson
Post Reply Post Reply
There is no need to lock the card with the 10 series. That only applies to the S9.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR not recognising SD card data from BMC alid 4 39 8 hours ago
Last Post: alid
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 84 Yesterday, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Oscar profile vanished, SD card wiped clean. How? , who and why Innisfree 23 1,765 01-13-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  WiFi SD Card for AirSense and OSCAR Stillglade 1 646 01-08-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SD Card errors/OSCAR....all new to me TomWii 11 1,493 09-23-2023, 04:02 PM
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 645 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read card - card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 3 555 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.