Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help Please Interpreting Data
Help Please Interpreting Data
Hi, I was hoping someone could please explain what happened in the circled area of the attached image (from an OSCAR screen-shot).  

Before the region of interest circled, 5 events were detected by my Philips Dreamstation Expert, however no event was flagged in the circled region.  

Does the Tidal Volume spike represent a large breath in, followed by a pause in breathing?   I thought the machine would have flagged that pause as an event, given flow rate flattened for quite a while.  

Thanks in advance for any help with interpreting the data.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help Please Interpreting Data
Any chance you could post the full screenshot itself?
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to Apnea Board!

If you would use the links in my signature line to guide you in organizing your screenshot and then use the attachment feature to post here.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The pause in breathing should have probably been flagged as an event. It is preceded by a large breath and long expiration which is what the tidal volume is responding to. This is following a period flagged as periodic breathing where you have cyclical hypopnea followed by recovery breathing of higher flow amplitude than normal.

This screen shot offers no insight on pressure or other parameters of your therapy or respiration, so organizing and attaching an image as shown in my signature links would let us see more important information. The flow rate we see here is very unstable, on the verge of obstruction and would suggest poor sleep quality and opportunity to improve therapy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can't say this with the relative certainty I have about my typical periodic leg movement pattern but since taking ropinirole for plm, I've developed a second pattern that looks like NoMoreSnoring's. no idea if plm is an issue here but something to consider.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the help.  In future, I will be more careful when posting images.

Cheers
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 113 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Help interpreting iMatrix resvent Data Adamby1047 0 101 03-16-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Adamby1047
  Interpreting Oscar values SleepingTight 0 142 03-10-2024, 06:53 PM
Last Post: SleepingTight
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,045 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  Help interpreting non-obstructive events in OSCAR needsleeps 14 774 03-05-2024, 12:28 PM
Last Post: needsleeps
  Help interpreting Oscar results stanley61 10 474 03-03-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: stanley61
Gross Need help interpreting data and making adjustments tiredandexpired 13 589 03-01-2024, 10:07 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.