Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help With Oscar
Help With Oscar
Hello all, newbie here. I read through the tips on posting to Oscar. I need to turn off the VS2, and I can't find the Event Flag box anywhere. The guide shows it atop the Flow Rate box, but there is nothing above there. Also, it says to resize the left sidebar. Would that mean make it as small as possible, as long as everything in it is still visible?
Is there a certain sub forum for posting Oscar reports. Thank you for any replies.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help With Oscar
G'day Sneezy - welcome to Apnea Board.

The event flag selector is at the bottom left of the chart area on the daily page. Are you saying there is no item for VS2 in the selector? If not, go to the preferences settings and in the Events tab turn off Vibratory Snore (VS2). Go to the menu and select File | Preferences | Events. Then turn off Vibratory Snore (VS2), click OK and exit from Oscar. When you re-start Oscar the VS2 should be gone.

Resizing the left sidebar  is to make it wide enough so that everything appears on its own line and doesn't wrap around. If too many items are wrapped, it forces some information down and out of screen.

It should look like this:         not like this:    

Once you're ready to submit data for discussion / advice, start a new thread here in the main forum, then keep everything together in that thread.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much. I had found VS2 on the left earlier, but when I left clicked on it nothing happened, and when I right clicked on it the only thing that would happen was a choice of copy, copy link location, or select all. Going to the menu like you suggested worked great. Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad that worked. Just to clarify, the event flag selector is a pop-up menu in the lower left of the graph area - see attached image. Could you confirm that's what you were looking at?

[Image: 800px-OSCAR_daily_screen.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
The VS2 that I had found was on the left above the pie chart in those different colored bars. I clicked where you just showed me, and in there I found VS2.
My CPAP machine shows me on the machine itself that it is monitoring my sleep (at least how many hours I use it per night), but when I put the sd card in my computer, the latest info I get is from the 9th of this month. Any idea why?
Post Reply Post Reply
Howdy.  Fairly recent newbie here.

Might sound like a stupid question, but are you 100% positive you had your SD card in your machine?  I had a couple of nights where I could have sworn it was inserted but it turns out it wasn't.  I don't have charts for those nights  Sad  Rolleyes

If this wasn't the problem, I'm sure someone will be along to help.

Oh, and was the little white switch on lock or unlock?

Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
That was a good question. I have a computer that it is hard to tell if the card is fully inserted, but for my CPAP machine, you push it the card all the way, then it come back about an 1/8 and locks in place.
I am not familiar with the white switch.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sneezy, looking at your SD card there is usually a little slide switch on the left side of it. It may have a Lock/Unlock icon next to it. This is how you "write protect" the SD card. Normally sliding the switch forward (towards the contacts) makes it writable. Sliding the switch back (away from the contacts) makes it write protected.
When you insert the card into your machine make sure the switch is in the writable (forward) position, and be careful not to accidentally snag it on the edge (inadvertently moving it to lock) when inserting it. If the SD card is locked (write protected) the machine will not be able to write data to it.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did not realize that the card had a switch on it. I thought they were referring to a switch on the machine. So the white switch is similar to the tab that needed to be broken off of the old VHS tapes. The switch was in the forward position. Thanks to everyone for the help.
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: 11.jpg]
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.