Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help analysing OSCAR data
Help analysing OSCAR data
How does this look?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help analysing OSCAR data
Not bad, but I'd like to see you with a lower AHI.

Post an OSCAR Daily Chart (see the organize link in my signature) This will help us to help you more than anything else and let us see what is going on.
A redacted copy of your sleep studies will also help. A full copy, not just the summaries.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, here's a daily.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I see 2 changes, Your obstructive events are somewhat clustered, any more and I'd say to use a cervical collar (see my signature) any less and I'd say let's watch it. Clustering indicated chin tucking.
Most of your events are hypopneas, if possible (it isn't) I would have you increase pressure support, so instead increase your min pressure try by 1. Then repost
Post Reply Post Reply
Are there any devices that support increase pressure support?
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are looking for a machine with more pressure support I would suggest getting a Resmed Aircurve VAuto
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed with it's EPR does this up to 3 cmw. EPR is the equivalent of Flex on your machine, but the implementation is different and as such acts as up to 3cmw of Pressure Support.
ResMed AutoSet is the equivalent of your Dreamstation and has this feature.
Any BiLevel / BiPap can go much higher Pressure Support.  I like the ResMed VAuto.
Post Reply Post Reply
What's the difference between pressure support and increasing the minimum pressure?
Post Reply Post Reply
Pressure Support is the difference between exhale and inhale pressure. IPAP = EPAP + PS

Min pressure is simply the lowest pressure you machine will use. It is not a difference in pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have flex already set to 3, are you saying ideally a higher number would be better?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 35 3 hours ago
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 107 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 65 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 403 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 141 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 144 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Analyzing OSCAR DATA givememyusername 3 173 03-20-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.