Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help analysis with results
Help analysis with results
Hello All,

Hope everyone is staying safe. I had been diagnosed with severe sleep apnea and was recommended CPAP therapy. I started it and now feeling great, much more energetic, and awake during the entire day. Got a lot of help from this forum. Again I need some help with the analysis of my OSCAR reports, I would request experts to give suggestions if the settings of my therapy are correct or need any changes. Initially, I was struggling with breathing due to min pressure of 5, I updated it to 6.5 and I don't have any problems now getting asleep.

For easy analysis, I am attaching my sleep study results along with last week's OSCAR's reports. 

Thanks in Advance
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help analysis with results
Anyone please can help with analysis ? I am attaching last 3 days chart.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi and welcome to Apnea Board.
A few things that may help when I look at the data. One I think you may need to raise your low number up some. I would try 7.5 and see what OSCAR looks like. It may need to be even higher yet. Respironics machines tend to be slower to respond to events, and it ends up missing a large percentage of these events in the process. That is why most users of Respironics machines will need their low number for pressure closer to their median and/or 95% mark. On your first 2 charts, your 95% averaged 17.85.

Another thing is it seems that there's some clusters of events, which could indicate positional apnea. If so, this can occur when your chin drops towards your chest or in other words, your neck is bent on an angle and restricting airflow. The remedy has been for a soft cervical collar to restrict bending the neck so to reduce these added apnea events. And if this is happening, no amount of pressure can keep the airway open.

Let's see what others have to say. I do think the pressure needs a bump. Just keep in mind, personal comfort is key. We may help with suggestions to get numbers down but always answer the question for yourself "How do you feel?". If there's any fatigue or discomfort, include those as evidence just as you would in posting OSCAR data.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, @SarcasticDave94  Thank you for your reply,

I tried with the settings you had suggested for the last two days. The first day was fantastic where it reduced my AHI to 3.21 but yesterday it shot again to 5.71. I assume it because of the cough that I had yesterday. I will keep on observing and collect the results. If you have any additional suggestion please do give.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 322 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  New and in Need OSCAR Analysis Well Marbled 1 65 1,420 03-23-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 203 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 181 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 158 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.