Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help me fine tune my BIPAP settings, please!
RE: Help me fine tune my BIPAP settings, please!
You have very low event rates. It might be interesting to use a recording oximeter to see if your oxygen saturation levels are normal. The CMS 50 series are inexpensive and work with Sleepyhead. Beyond that, I think you need to consider that the problem is unrelated to your use of CPAP or BiPAP.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just one question. What is IAH? Has the 'I' come around to the front?
Post Reply Post Reply
IAH is AHI. So yes the "I" moved to the front. He's a restless little letter isn't he.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-17-2018, 04:10 AM)holden4th Wrote: Just one question. What is IAH? Has the 'I' come around to the front?

Nito is using the Spanish Translation of Sleepyhead.  Apnea Hypopnea Index becomes Índice de Apnea Hypopnea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2018, 02:24 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: You have very low event rates. It might be interesting to use a recording oximeter to see if your oxygen saturation levels are normal.  The CMS 50 series are inexpensive and work with Sleepyhead.  Beyond that, I think you need  to consider that the problem is unrelated to your use of CPAP or BiPAP.

What can be the problem then or do I need more months using the machine to start feeling better? Thanks again for your help .
Post Reply Post Reply
Nito, there are many potential causes for chronic fatigue and the symptoms you listed (very tired, morning headaches, feeling groggy and drowsy, bad memory). They range from hormone deficiency (low testosterone) to auto-immune disease, to anemia. The only way to find out is to obtain comprehensive blood tests and a physical exam, then start doing some detective work regarding the circumstances of when the symptoms started. With chronic fatigue, it may be difficult to obtain a good diagnosis as it is mostly a matter of eliminating other possibilities.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_fatigue_syndrome

You are not alone. Inputting your list of symptoms to a Google search produced these results: https://www.google.com/search?q=very+tir...e&ie=UTF-8 All we can say is that you are clinically very well treated with both CPAP and BPAP, however we don't have EEG data to verify that you are getting sound and undisturbed sleep. That is beyond the capability of any CPAP software, and would require the use of a polysomnograph with EEG channel while sleeping with your therapy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider,
I am collecting the results of my latest polysomnography tomorrow.
Hopefully that will shed some light.
Will keep you posted.
Thanks again for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-17-2018, 09:27 AM)Sleeprider : Please find attached the results of my latest sleep study Wrote: What can I do to achieve REM sleep now that my apnea is treated???

This sleep study was done with CPAP on at a fixed pressure of 13cmH2O

I still get headaches in the morning, feel tired and beaten up all day  and have brain fog.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Kind regards,

NITO

Nito, there are many potential causes for chronic fatigue and the symptoms you listed (very tired, morning headaches, feeling groggy and drowsy, bad memory).  They range from hormone deficiency (low testosterone) to auto-immune disease, to anemia.  The only way to find out is to obtain comprehensive blood tests and a physical exam, then start doing some detective work regarding the circumstances of when the symptoms started.  With chronic fatigue, it may be difficult to obtain a good diagnosis as it is mostly a matter of eliminating other possibilities.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_fatigue_syndrome

You are not alone.  Inputting your list of symptoms to a Google search produced these results: https://www.google.com/search?q=very+tir...e&ie=UTF-8   All we can say is that you are clinically very well treated with both CPAP and BPAP, however we don't have EEG data to verify that you are getting sound and undisturbed sleep.  That is beyond the capability of any CPAP software, and would require the use of a polysomnograph with EEG channel while sleeping with your therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Now here is the sleep study attached here
Post Reply Post Reply
Now here is the sleep study attached

Attached Files
.pdf   SKM_45818041818000.pdf (Size: 249.64 KB / Downloads: 42)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 203 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 259 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help with settings after BiPAP Titration jd1291 5 171 03-11-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 515 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  New CPAP user - Fine Tuning Settings/Mask Help slowmo2000 0 261 01-31-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: slowmo2000
  [CPAP] Help with bipap settings airwaystent 25 1,600 01-29-2024, 08:38 AM
Last Post: airwaystent
  [Treatment] New User; Fine Tuning- First 3 Days of Data jgthegrouch 9 424 01-16-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: jgthegrouch

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.