Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help me understand what the bleep is going on please
Help me understand what the bleep is going on please
On July 2nd  I  "converted" my Repironics Aflex to straight CPAP to see what effect would be using the new resmed air touch F20 foam mask.

for July 2nd/July3rd night, The AHI was 7.49, and daily pie chart was three pieces: OA 6.27, Hyponea 1.22, RERA 0.92

For July 3rd/July 4th night, AHI was 3.39, Hyponea 2.18, OA 0.97, RERA 0.24,  Clear airway 0.24.

As far as I can tell nothing changed yet the AHI dropped by half the next night.  I could see AHI varying but different components changed drastically.

Any thought from the gurus on this board?  I will give this one more night before switching back to the doctor prescription settings.  Seems AHI 7 to 8 is about best there is.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help me understand what the bleep is going on please
You machine is bleeping? Have you gotten the clinician's manual to see if there's a setting for that?

Seriously, AHI numbers naturally swing. Mine range from 0.0 to the mid 3's most all nights. There is no rhyme or reason. So there's really no reason to question a night or two's swings. Better to take the average look over several days before getting upset about numbers. But yeah, equipment changes can change things too. That is one of the only times I am an advocate of watching data - but still not day-by-day - use it a week and then check.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-04-2017, 12:43 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: You machine is bleeping?  Have you gotten the clinician's manual to see if there's a setting for that?

Seriously, AHI numbers naturally swing.  Mine range from 0.0 to the mid 3's most all nights.  There is no rhyme or reason.  So there's really no reason to question a night or two's swings.  Better to take the average look over several days before getting upset about numbers.   But yeah, equipment changes can change things too.  That is one of the only times I am an advocate of watching data - but still not day-by-day - use it a week and then check.

OMMOHY

Thanks will use for week or more and see what AHI are. Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
Were you using the airtouch mask before 7/2?

I frequently get temporary increases in AHI just after making a change and then it goes back to essentially where it has been. Was your sleeping position the same both nights and if so how do you know?

This type of pattern is one of the reasons that we say not to make changes too quickly.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to OSCAR..Please Help me understand the data. *screenshots attached* Cowboys77 0 119 03-19-2024, 05:52 AM
Last Post: Cowboys77
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 124 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Just trying to understand this stuff Domino96 5 333 03-05-2024, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Newby trying to understand what i am seeing WoodyV12 18 1,089 02-24-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Macka
  Bleep Eclipse Hack BKeeper 12 1,106 02-21-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question [CPAP] Help to understand current situation and OSCAR data 3dkid14 0 278 01-18-2024, 04:21 AM
Last Post: 3dkid14
  Need help with pressure change using Bleep Kathy14225 17 1,233 12-15-2023, 02:25 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.