Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help needed to optimize my Dreamstation Auto CPAP
RE: Help needed to optimize my Dreamstation Auto CPAP
My body was so shocked by the whole thing that I couldn't imagine raising the pressure at the beginning (I was at a fixed 5, but using the ramp to go down to 4 as I was falling asleep).

But after a week, I finally got comfy with a mask and sleeping with air. And then I finally realized I just wasn't getting enough air. So once I raised it to 6, I finally felt more comfortable with it all.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Qal, Opal, trish, Sleeprider and Hydrangea. Noted, have raise pressure to 6/14. Will monitor a week and revert. Think the leaks are probably my toilet trips. I just take off the mask and left the CPAP running. As for the cervical collar, I will look into ordering one. Hope can get use to having it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Couldn't wait a week.... yesterday's data  below.  Smile

Woke up in the middle of the night with mask off... could it be the reason why AHI went up?

[Image: BJ9L2]
Post Reply Post Reply
st8800,
Use the tutorials in my signature line to posts your data.
This will show how to organize your graph from the daily page of #SleepyHead
and use imgur to post here.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-12-2017, 08:41 PM)st8800 Wrote: Couldn't wait a week.... yesterday's data  below.  Smile

Woke up in the middle of the night with mask off... could it be the reason why AHI went up?

[Image: BJ9L2]

I also have links in my signature to help you post data.

AHI is only measured when the mask is on.  I think you are removing your mask because the settings are wrong, or you have the wrong therapy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, got it, please see below. AHI went up. Not sure what you meant by wrong therapy Sleepyhead. I was thinking I knock the mask off during sleep by accident.

[Image: 1TZVp8wl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
BTW, I went to set my RAMP time to 15 minutes... would there be any issues here?
Post Reply Post Reply
nope.
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
st8800, your most recent results have periods of obstructed breathing including flow limitation, hypopnea and OA that occur when you are at or near your minimum pressure. These appear to resolve at higher pressure. You should consider changing the minimum CPAP pressure to 7.0. The Philips Auto machines tend to be slow in responding to obstruction, and return towards minimum pressure settings to readily. A higher minimum pressure will be needed for you to achieve better results.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-13-2017, 04:31 AM)quiescence at last Wrote: nope.
 Thanks! Didn't think so. Just wanna double confirm. 

(06-13-2017, 08:24 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: st8800, your most recent results have periods of obstructed breathing including flow limitation, hypopnea and OA that occur when you are at or near your minimum pressure.  These appear to resolve at higher pressure.  You should consider changing the minimum CPAP pressure to 7.0. The Philips Auto machines tend to be slow in responding to obstruction, and return towards minimum pressure settings to readily.  A higher minimum pressure will be needed for you to achieve better results.
Thanks Sleeprider. Will adjust to 7 tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 155 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Chart help needed SteveC 4 181 04-07-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 229 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Diagnosis] Second opinion on study is needed please Abdulfakih 17 367 04-04-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help needed how to use cpap on a plane June11 3 186 04-02-2024, 11:09 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,670 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 187 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.