Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help, why so many breaks in treatment each night?
Question 
Help, why so many breaks in treatment each night?
    Hi Everyone,

I've been on cpap for about 5 yrs, but about a year ago it became ineffective and I have been on a year long journey of sleep studies and different machines. I'm still having problems, but I'll get to that in another post.

My machine is recording many breaks through out the night. Sometimes it records for a minute only a minute or two. I don't remember getting up at night, and my mask and liner are just as I put them on before going to sleep. What the heck is going on? Am I turning the machine on and off? If I were to disconnect the hose from my mask, would it do this? I am most afraid that I've stopped breathing during those times where it shows what looks like an apnea for a minute(but without flagging), then doesn't record for a minute or so, then  records what looks like another apnea without flagging.

Thanks in advance!

PS My machine is set with  backup rate of 12

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help, why so many breaks in treatment each night?
G'day JAXKATY5437. Welcome to Apnea Board.

This is a guess, but I suspect there is activity in all those apparently blank periods but it's not showing up properly. It's hard to tell at the scale you've chosen, and also because you've cut off all the graph labels. Can I suggest you do another screen dump including the labels, but in the meantime try adjusting the scale. To do this, go to the main menu and select Tools | Options. This will bring up a dialog box - click on the Preferences tab. Towards the bottom of the screen select Detailed Graph Ranges. Then select Flow and change the values to -50 and +50. Then click Apply and OK. The flow graph should now be a lot easier to read. You can make similar adjustments to your other graphs in the same dialog box.

You mention in your profile that you're using #SleepyHead - this is really a much easier program to work with than ResScan.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help, why so many breaks in treatment each night?
Thanks DeepBreathing

I've made adjustments to the scale etc. so you should be able to see everything a little better. I zoomed into a period with a bunch of little breaks. I can get you more zoomed in for flow data if you want.
BTW, I do have sleephead, but I haven't been able to figure out how to download the detailed data...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 39 9 hours ago
Last Post: TiredTim
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 211 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 118 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  New to CPAP - Could Use Some Help For Treatment chrotteg 8 278 03-10-2024, 05:51 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  New user struggling with treatment bsroberts 0 195 03-04-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: bsroberts
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 52,986 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  New here, trying to optimize treatment sweetbobby 10 579 03-03-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: sweetbobby

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.