Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with Bipap settings
RE: Help with Bipap settings
Trt is testosterone treatment. As far as the leaks, the only thing that I can think of for what it is, is when I go to the bathroom. For whatever reason, this Bipap won't auto shutoff when i take the mask off and sometimes I won't turn it off. I've been going to the bathroom 2-3 times. Maybe I'll make sure to turn off the Bipap to make sure to eliminate any leaks that show up.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry for not making the connection. I use T-cypionate at as low a level as I can to maintain some balance in life without tipping my hematocrit over the edge. As far as leaks they don't look like therapy breaks, so I think turning off the machine might be better. My Vauto shuts down inside of 10 seconds when I remove the mask.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=30701]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe I need to look into low level treatmeant like you. I figured out I need to put on the smart start function. So at the very least, it'll shut off when needed. What do I need to do if there's other leaks? I'm using an f20 full face mask and I always get a happy face when it comes to the seal. Are my leaks significant enough to hinder my treatment?
Post Reply Post Reply
I would suspect the leaks are negatively impacting your therapy. And maybe part of the issue is the F20. I've used it in both silicone in S, M, L and memory foam in M. No matter what I did it leaked. I tried ResMed N30i and P30i but I mouth breathe and wasn't willing to take on fighting it with tape. I found a very good full face, the Fisher and Paykel Vitera. I'm not saying it's your solution, but you do need a fix for the leaks. And the mask fit is pretty worthless if it gives a green grinning ghoul but OSCAR shows fail on the leaks. Either change something on the mask, the cushion size, your strap adjusting method maybe.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
When you’re in large leak territory, the machine can’t deliver proper therapy.

Obvious question, I guess, but might you do well to restrict fluids in the evenings?
Post Reply Post Reply
I feel like I'm in a tough spot currently. At the current settings, I find myself either having leaks with too high of humidity with water coming up my heated tube despite having my unit on the floor dangling from a tube holder with a fleece tube cover on or my mouth has become extremely dry. My mouth seems to get dry either way, but some days have been worse than others. I'm also using an external humidifier as well. Is it possible my inhale setting is too high? I notice my mouth becoming dry even when I'm awake when I know I'm breathing correctly and not from my mouth.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just can't remember: are you able to breathe through your nose? I'm wondering how you would do with a nasal pillow mask and, if needed, some help keeping your mouth closed. (Or even just help keeping your mouth closed more inside your FFM.)

Also, in case it hasn't been mentioned earlier in the thread: some people get help from Xylimelts, which are small discs that adhere to your teeth or gums and release a substance during the night that stimulates the production of saliva.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm able to breathe ok from my nose, but I find myself having to think about breathing through my nose. I just had surgery on my nose about five months ago to kind of help this issue, but I still feel there is obstruction on my left side of my nose. I've tried using nasal strips as well. I have the phillips nuance pro I believe for nasal pillows. My previous experience wasn't ideal with it and found my self waking up in a panic last few times I tried it and have gone the safer route with the full face mask. I suppose I can try the xylimelts again. I tried those a while back.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 193 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 249 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help with settings after BiPAP Titration jd1291 5 163 03-11-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 507 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  [CPAP] Help with bipap settings airwaystent 25 1,598 01-29-2024, 08:38 AM
Last Post: airwaystent
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  CPAP to BiPAP transition and pressure settings ttodd 4 673 11-27-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.