Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with Oscar Data
Question 
Help with Oscar Data
Hello everyone,

I have been using my Resmed Airsense 11 for a little over a month now and after figuring out mask issues I've finally settled on the Philips Dreamware Nasal Mask and mouth tape to deal with mouth breathing at night. I started recording the data for Oscar for the past two weeks and would like some help interpreting the data and get suggestions for any possible adjustments. Thanks!

[attachment=55622][attachment=55623][attachment=55624]

Some more screenshots

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with Oscar Data
Welcome! You've done a nice job of controlling leaks, and if you've found the right mask for your particular needs, then you've won half the battle right there. It's also great that you're using Oscar.

Could you let us know how rested you feel during the day? When people have relatively low AHIs, the answer to that question is especially important.

With a starting pressure of 5, you aren't getting the full benefits of your EPR of 3, since the machine can't generate a pressure lower than 4. So I'd recommend that you raise your minimum to at least 7. A minimum of 8 or 9 might be quite comfortable for you, since that's where you are for much of the night, and that might help to head off the odd OA. You can't hurt yourself by raising the minimum, and you don't have to do it all at once.

Next time you post a chart, would you include the flow limitation graph? I suspect it's what's driving your pressures up and down. To squeeze it into the screen shot, just grab the gray bars that separate the graphs and push them up a little.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey,

Thanks for the reply! Throughout the day, I feel much better than I did pre-therapy. However, lately I am starting to feel really tired around the evening again around 5-6 PM.

Here's a graph of the flow limitation:

Post Reply Post Reply
Good to hear you’re feeling better! With good numbers, how you feel is the key factor. Try raising your minimum and see how that goes.

I should have been clearer. I meant the next time you post a daily chart, include the FL graph. Looks like it’s right below your leak graph.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, here's that one from my most recent chart.     
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like a fairly "busy" FL graph. When you have a chance, post a full daily chart that includes the FL graph along with the other graphs. Ideally you'll post a chart reflecting an increased minimum, if you're giving that a try.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New member looking for Oscar data help mttm 17 601 1 hour ago
Last Post: coutherino
  Help analyzing Oscar data Rosebearjoey 7 148 6 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  OSCAR Data - Low AHI but still not feeling great, and are these real OA events? Santino 17 462 Yesterday, 02:11 PM
Last Post: SeePak
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data richardb123 8 461 Yesterday, 08:37 AM
Last Post: richardb123
  [Treatment] Advice with OSCAR Data sploomb 3 201 10-04-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Surprised Help Interpreting Oscar data HN2207 13 371 10-04-2024, 07:13 AM
Last Post: HN2207
  [CPAP] Please help understanding OSCAR data; AHI 5.5 and still drowsy -_- twomashi 4 218 10-03-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.