Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with Oscar and settings please, new user
Help with Oscar and settings please, new user
[attachment=63670]Hello
Thank you for this board, which I have just joined and learning lots.  I have mild sleep apnea but my symptoms were quite severe, fatigue, word slurring, brain fog, not able to work, and and starting to feel better using CPAP, but need help please, if possible with OSCAR data to set optimal pressure.  I do not have the benefit of doctor to help me with this, was a private study and asked GP (I'm in the UK) for a referral in NHS, but told waiting list too long) so trying to set things with the help of this board.

I hope I am posting in the correct place and that I have included the correct screenshot, apologies if I have it wrong.

My main concern. had severe insomnia due to sleep apnea, maybe 2 to 5 hours a night, and now 8 hours with treatment which is pushing me to get it right, as I'm so grateful for sleep!  I had trouble with swallowing air and have been trying ERP and ramp off and on, and now posting OSCAR in the hope that someone can suggest what my pressure should be at please.

Thanks

Bet
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with Oscar and settings please, new user
My two cents, remove that calendar from Oscar. The minimum pressure needs to be raised to 7 or 8 if you can do it. I don't know why people sometimes swallow air, maybe fixing your pressure will help. You are in the right place, someone who knows something will come along pretty soon and with advice that is worth much more. Welcome and good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello

Thank you for helping so quickly.  For the life of me, I cannot find the option to remove the calender :Smile will definitely try the pressure settings, thanks Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
To remove calendar there is a small up arrow ^ to the left of the date that will collapse it.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=63671]screenshot with no calendar

Thankyou, uploaded a new screenshot now.
Post Reply Post Reply
You have significant flow limitations which are driving the pressure up. Changing EPR from 2 to 3 will reduce them and smooth out the pressure fluctuations which should be more comfortable. Also increase your minimum pressure to 7. Most feel starved for air and EPR is most effective at 7 and higher.I suspect you are starved for air during the ramp period at 4,
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much, I shall try that tonight.  Should I turn off ramp altogether? This forum is great Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I personally think you should get rid of ramp. I never use it since forever. I tried it back in the old days but realized I just lay there anticipating the next little ramp up. Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will do that. I am excited to try it tonight. I think it is solving many health problems for me. I have had severe dizziness (I forgot to say that) for four years, and in the past week or two, it has been going away. It is unbelievable the change!

Thank you very much.
Post Reply Post Reply
    Hello, I tried the new setting last night and posting the OSCAR data to see what you think. Not the best night as my dog was sick a few times during the night and had to get up. My EPR was set to 3 and min was increased from 4 to 7, which did feel better but tonight I will know better if I get to sleep normal Smile

I don't really understand flow yet, so don't know if it is better or worse so putting my data.  Thank you Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Requesting help dialing in my settings using Oscar results lolo23 3 118 05-14-2024, 05:23 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  help reading Oscar Data and optimizing cpap settings bangbang24 3 216 05-06-2024, 11:48 PM
Last Post: Melman
  Help Adjusting Settings based on Oscar data rygonzo93 5 300 04-19-2024, 10:07 AM
Last Post: rygonzo93
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 312 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  New Bilevel user help with settings (oscar attached) opo218 6 278 04-15-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: opo218
  New APAP user looking for guidance on interpreting OSCAR Data MildOSAHighRera 8 766 03-30-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: MildOSAHighRera
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 259 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.