Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with "Oscar" data
Help with "Oscar" data
Thank you for letting me join the board. I have only been using my ResMed AirSense 11 for about 6 weeks. It took me 2 weeks just to find the mask that was comfortable and provide good seal. I had an occurrence last night that has me puzzled. I am 82 and have BPH which means I average 3 or 4 trips to the bathroom every night. Last night, up until my last trip to the john my AHI was .4. I only had 1 event (Hypopnea at approx 00:00). After I went back to bed I had trouble breathing, my nose felt like it was stopped up. I kept moving the mask around to get more air but it didn't help. During this time I felt the pressure build up to the point where I had to open my mouth to let air escape. I did not fall asleep during this time until I got up. Looking at the graph at 07:00 and 08:00 there are a group of events that occurred during this time period. Can they be caused by my constant mask adjustment and breathing problems or are they actual "real" events?

Thank you,

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with "Oscar" data
I have similar morning events when I wake but stay attempting to sleep. I have apnea probably because even when I am awake, I tend to hold my breath at times. 
The machine is trying to fight your breathing pattern while wake which like me appears different then when asleep. I just ignore those events. Just spikes my score. So I would disconnect if I was worried about the numbers. But not. 

On another point, my master bedroom has the attached bath on my side of the bed. I have my cpap on a roller cart and can just swing around to go and not disconnect. 
Big Grin

I remember having those feelings of pressure 20 years ago when I started CPAP. I guess your body has to adapt.  I remember the first time I put on the mask, the pressure felt like it was going to suffocate me.
-- Bill
Struggling to keep the air moving like everyone else …  ?

Standard Disclaimer:
I'm just a CPAP user like you. I can't give medical advice. 
  Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
CaseyC, Welcome

It helps a great deal if you include the entire screenshot (including the left panel) instead of just an individual graph. There is a great deal of useful information when all the data is included.

If your using Windows F12, Mac fn+F12, or either from the OSCAR menu bar View > Take screenshot.

There are also links in my signature for organizing your charts for posting.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info. Here it is.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night CPAP + OSCAR data Ostrich 1 45 3 hours ago
Last Post: Ostrich
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 57 Yesterday, 09:13 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 108 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 72 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 406 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 150 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 149 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.