Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with P30i mask
Help with P30i mask
I would appreciate some tips on how to use the P30i pillow mask successfully. I’ve tried adapting to this mask now for four months with little success. I’ve tried switching between small and medium size cushions. I’ve tried tightening it. Some nights the mask seal is successful. Some nights not at all. I really like the minimalist design which makes sleeping so much more comfortable than my old full nasal mask. I used to wear Philips easyLife nasal mask with Dreamstation. But when I switched to vAuto, I thought I would try a new mask. The P30i was priced at a huge discount so I decided to give it a try. Any suggestions from N30i veterans?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with P30i mask
I've only used mine a few hours, as I'm a mouth breather. I felt the cushion size was very important to success. I also didn't feel making the strap tight had much positive effect but rather made it uncomfortable and tend to leak more as it distorted the cushion.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used to use the P30i.  What I found is that although I actually have small nostrils, I found the large size pillow the most comfortable and the least likely to leak.  I started with the small, then tried the medium, which I liked better, but then thought "what the heck, I'll try a large too" and found it the best of all.  It didn't make any sense to me, but it's what worked.

I don't know if this will help you, but it's something to consider.  Pillow size can make a real difference.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
I too was sent home with a small pillow but quickly changed to a medium and then to a large. Leaks are well under control even with my mask, strap and pillow being well over 6 months old. Try the large, you have nothing to loose.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
As a restless sleeper no way was I going to accept a face mask so went with the nasal pillows style.

I initially had the N301 but found getting an effective seal a problem & found that the rear strap would regularly slip up to top of head.
Have now changed to a P30i & using large cushion.
Solved the issue of rear strap slipping up by using the Phillips rear strap "with arms".
Getting a much better seal these days using this combo.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've recently had success using P10 (doesn't cause random frequent arousals anymore with better pressure settings).

The only reason why I'm interested in the P30i is the the way the hose is connected up top. I dislike the front connection with the P10. I like the very minimal feel of P10 however. Not sure how well the P30i will stay on my head since I side-sleep. I'm not sure how well the silicone frame works for air delivery when side sleeping.

Any comparison with P10? Why one is preferred over the other?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-08-2021, 08:11 PM)CorruptAlligator Wrote: Any comparison with P10?  Why one is preferred over the other?

I used the P10 for years before switching to the P30i.  The P30i doesn’t stick out as far (I.e., in a direction away from the head) as the P10.  As a stomach sleeper, that advantage was key for me.I do like the strap system for the P10 better, though —- the straps split apart farther and seems to anchor better compared to the P30i straps.
Post Reply Post Reply
All that is very interesting. Perhaps a larger size might work. I will try that. I also find the straps slip up towards the top of my head at night. Am considering using a hair clip. For all you side sleepers out there, this is a very comfortable mask. I toss and turn a bit and find that the mask and tubing seem able to adapt to my movements.
Post Reply Post Reply
I put the mask on so that the back strap of the headgear is underneath my hair. Those of you who have ever worn a bandana will recognize this move -- pull the mask over your head and down around your neck, pushing the top strap over your face and down under your chin. Pull your hair out so that the back of the headgear is on the back of your neck. Then pull the top of the frame up a pivot it to the top of your head, dragging the back up off the base of your neck -- your hair holds it down.

...for you bald guys, I got nuthin...
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the P30i and used it briefly. Have used the P10 a lot. I prefer the P10 because I find the hose on the P30i to be too heavy. They don't supply a short light hose with the mask.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamwear vs P30i Whacked 0 103 04-09-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Whacked
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 322 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Massive leakage with new P30i unlockingsleep 2 305 02-25-2024, 03:14 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 537 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
Question [Equipment] N30i / P30i pillow attachment fail glomph 2 369 01-09-2024, 09:10 PM
Last Post: glomph
  Need advice: switched from P10 mask to P30i rebean 3 518 12-30-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Resmed N30i/P30i headgear sleeve issues Himrent 1 451 11-23-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.