Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with Resmed AirCurve 10
Help with Resmed AirCurve 10
Hello all:
My name is Naveen Mohan and I am located in Eagle bridge, NY.

I am log time user of CPAP at pressures 14-17 and last month my doctor has prescribed BiPAP at pressure 19/15. I tried using the BiPAP machine, I was OK during the 20 minutes Ramp time but after that air pressure suddenly increased so much that it felt like trying to breath while standing in a air storm and I had to take the mask off.

The Bi PAP machine instructions talk about changing ramp time but it is silent on what to do if sudden pressure builds up.

If anybody could give me some idea on how to go about handling this problem. I am 72 years old and I am using F & P Vitera mask.

Thanks for your help in this matter.

Naveen Mohan
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with Resmed AirCurve 10
Hi NAVEENMOHAN!  -  Welcome

Before we can help, we need to see your AC10's sleep data.  To do this you will need to download a free program named OSCAR and, if you don't have one, an SD card, no larger than 32GB.  If your computer doesn't have an SD card reader, you will need a USB SD card reader, too.

OSCAR is available for several different computer operating systems.  Beside embedding the download link in OSCAR's name, you can find the download page at the top of every forum here.

You will need to have the SD card inserted in to your AC10 while you sleep.  This will record very detailed data of your therapy.  You will then import the card's data into OSCAR following your overnight sleep session.

Information on all the needed particulars about OSCAR and publishing screenshots are listed in link below my signature.

If in doubt or you experience any problems, please post back in this thread. We will get you going!

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Naveen,
Welcome to Apnea Board!

I'm sure we can get you on the right track. We can gauge our advice based on your data.  

First, download the free OSCAR software and set up your profile.  Be sure you have an SD card in your Pap machine while sleeping.  

We will need to see the data from the daily page in Oscar.  

Use this link to guide you.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

Oops I see you have already received great advice!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dear Mr. Nape:
Thanks for getting back to me. I am 72 years old and not very computer literate. My pulmonary doctor has given me a paper copy of the complete Titration Study that he did in the local hospital. I do not have a SD card reader in my computer.

Will a PDF of that study help? I also belong to Resmed myair. Will any data from there will help?

Thanks.

Naveen Mohan
Post Reply Post Reply
First, everyone around here just calls me "Red" (Crimson = a shade of red).  Big Grin

If you can block out your personal information, the PDF copy should help.  We respect a member's privacy.

MyAir, as I refer to it, is a feel good app.  It does not provide any helpful therapy information.  

Hopefully, we can help you with setting up your computer and OSCAR.  To start, try searching the internet for, "USB SD card reader".  You will get a bunch of hits.  If you prefer, many big box stores, and some pharmacies, have them in their electronics section.  They range in price from $8 to $15.  You don't need a reader any more expensive than that.

The SD card, (search term: 32gb SD card), can be found for $6 to $11.   The SanDisk brand is a good one and is readily available.  The 32Gb is the largest that the AC10 can use.  Smaller capacity sizes will work, too.  It is just next to impossible to find a small one anymore.

Why don't you start by telling us what type of computer do you have?

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
We can learn so much more about your therapy needs and issues by using OSCAR. It will be very worthwhile if you can download and install the program then post some screenshots. You were using your CPAP at 14 to 17 cm pressure, and the change to 19/15 pressure probably feels a bit overwhelming, especially if you were using the exhale pressure relief (EPR) feature on your CPAP. Were you using EPR on your CPAP? Do you know what setting was used for EPR? I suspect we can put your Vauto into auto-pressure mode and give you some pretty significant relief. How do you feel about trying some alternative settings to better resemble your CPAP, but with the higher pressure support?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Unfortunately this is a totally new area to me and I seems to be struggling to understand things because I am not getting much help from the vendor.

How do I find out if I was using EPR in my CPAP.
How do I turn on Vauto function in my new machine

Any help you can provide will be god send because I simply do not know which way to turn.

I have to get a SD card reader to do OSCAR thing.

Thanks

Naveen
Post Reply Post Reply
You can obtain the Clinician Setup Manual for your AirSense10 and your AirCurve10. This will describe each model's options and setup. To obtain these manuals, you need to be signed in, like when you post here, and then go to either, https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual or click on the link at the top of the screen that is labeled, "CPAP Setup Manuals".

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
The short and sweet version is this tutorial will show you how to access settings https://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsen...setup-info

If you go into those settings, here is what I want you to do:
1. Enter Clinician Menu
2. scroll down to Mode and set Vauto by clicking in the control knob then highlighting Vauto and click to select (it is currently VPAP S)
3. Scroll to EPAP Min and set 11.0
4. Scroll to Max Pressure and set 18.0
5. Scroll to Pressure Support (PS) and set 4.0
6. Scroll to top of menu and exit.
7. Sleep well
8. Come back tomorrow and let me know if this is better.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Sleeprider:
I followed your instructions and last night I was able to sleep through the whole night . Thanks for helping me out. You have been a true life saver.

Naveen Mohan
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 93 Yesterday, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 966 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 138 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 17 669 04-14-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 or 11 replacement Shamus54 8 211 04-11-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  AirCurve 10 asv vs AirCurve 11 asv Sterling147 3 190 04-10-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Trigger Setting Switch - Aircurve 10 MrIvanDrago 4 140 04-09-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.