Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with data reading
RE: Help with data reading
I'm going to try this. If I can get myself to fall asleep at say 7, I think i'd be much better off. By the time I actually feel asleep it was at 5. So, i know i can do it. Eventually, i get so tired i just pass out. But moments after I wake up and remember my CA. I seem to have them allot right at the moment i'm falling to sleep.
Community is people helping each other overcome some adversity. Sometimes it's a hurricane, other times it's a monopolist industry that benefits from keeping people in the dark about their own medical data or scaring them into thinking they aren't capable of managing their own treatment. Thankfully people will always develop community no mater what the adversity is. 
Post Reply Post Reply
You seem like the person that needs fixed pressure. My guess is 6.5 cm is where it needs to be. If you are game, set your machine to minimum and maximum pressure 6.5 or CPAP mode, and use CFlex 1. We might get you to sleep through the night if pressure does not jar you awake.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you swallow air, and it can be a medical problem needing intervention (other than sleep related/apnea issues).

I used to swallow air, but learned the signs and was able to train myself NOT to do it-though I was fortunate NOT to need medical intervention. BTW, mouth breathers are much more likely to swallow air. And your aversion to using higher CPAP pressures and the feeling that you're bloated might be signs that you're swallowing air, ditto GERD. Do you have GERD-like symptoms too?

To answer your question....if you swallow air consistently, it will wake you up (cause arousal(s)). Your digestive system can't digest air, though a small amount can be passed into the intestines. The tip off is that you might wake up having to burp a lot. Having a few small burps in the morning after you move to the vertical position isn't unusual though.

Gas while you're asleep is NOT cool::> Be sure you don't eat before bed, other than a very modest snack if needed.

Keep in mind that the patient is not always aware of arousals, there are 3 main components of sleep. One of the biggies is memory suppression, which is why we wake up with no memory of arousals in the night time.

I have a really good video explaining in detail what happens in the brain during sleep, but I can't distribute it as it is copyrighted. But, each of the 3 brain functions needed for good sleep are controlled by 3 separate parts of the brain and each of those is located at the base of the brain in the area at the brain stem.

W1ABA
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think i swallow air. I don't have any of those symptoms. I'm just not used to pressure. My ear doesn't agree with it. and sometimes it bubbles out my month and i find that hilarious. I''ll get it.
Community is people helping each other overcome some adversity. Sometimes it's a hurricane, other times it's a monopolist industry that benefits from keeping people in the dark about their own medical data or scaring them into thinking they aren't capable of managing their own treatment. Thankfully people will always develop community no mater what the adversity is. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Newbie here, so I may be way off base... Mask fit may be an issue. Leakage is generally 20 or more. I'm not sure how to set Oscar to flag leaks as "large", and don't know what level defines a "large" leak. It seems like the machine may be using bad input data to respond to. Also, I started with a borrowed Respironics, and I felt it was trying to time my breaths for me. Very uncomfortable. I don't know if changing the Flex setting has anything to do with that or not. You more experienced guys may be able to straighten me out on that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi billygoat. You might be right about the leaks. I found that sometimes my mouth opens and I continue to breath thru my nose but the air does a weird thru the nose out the throat thing. It's weird. I don't know what it flags as but technically, i guess it's a leak. Don't know, i'm not too. Just getting it all sorted.
Post Reply Post Reply
    Last couple days I've been getting my min pressure up, Then I tried to turn the A-Flex off. I have no chart because I simply couldn't get to sleep like this. So I lowered the pressure back down and turned the A-Flex to 1. This is what happened:
Post Reply Post Reply
I recommend a min pressure of 7 for 2 reasons
1. to allow your flex room to work.
2. most adults find 4 too low a pressure,

ok 3.
3. on this machine you need a higher min pressue fend off hypopneas, flow limits, and RERAs, Note your RDI is barely short of 5.

Do this then repost for a reevaluation.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 133 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 20 988 03-08-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  Help with reading OSCAR and adjusting settings deirdrepen 2 237 01-24-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: deirdrepen
  Help reading Oscar Charts Wisurid 3 384 12-25-2023, 05:26 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newly diagnosed, need some help reading OSCAR report mushroom 5 478 12-13-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Would like some help reading my OSCAR data dynamo 13 668 12-08-2023, 11:38 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Low Tidal Volume reading rhwoe 8 740 12-04-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: rhwoe

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.