Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with interpreting OSCAR data
Help with interpreting OSCAR data
I was diagnosed with sleep apnea about 18 months ago. Probably 3-4 months after starting with a CPAP (ResMed AirSense™ 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine with HumidAir™) I started to feel amazing. But lately I’ve started to feel extremely fatigued again. 

I’ve tried analyzing my data in OSCAR but am struggling.  Could anyone take a look and provide any feedback that jumps out to them? Thanks so much 

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with interpreting OSCAR data
Your Central Apnea, the CA events, are slightly elevated and maybe it's a source of disruptions. I'd try this: turn off the Ramp and turn your EPR back to 2. Both of these may be increasing CA. Try it a night and report back. It looks like there's sometimes a leak spike. It too can be a disruption source for some.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR - Understanding the Data (Need Help)
Hey everyone, 

Recently turned my EPR back to 2 and got rid of my ramp (10 days ago) to address slightly elevated CA events. Last night was probably my best night from a feeling standpoint but I’m still not getting consistent results and was hoping someone could look at my OSCAR chart and provide any feedback or share anything that catches their eye. 

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR - Understanding the Data (Need Help)
Since your predominant events are CA i suggest you dial back EPR to 1 or turn it off and see what happens. I have suggested that this thread be moved to your original thread. It's easier for those trying to help you if you keep your responses in the same thread.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR - Understanding the Data (Need Help)
First, since you slept well, that is 95% of the game. The CA events come from being ventilated more than you are accustomed to, but they usually diminish on their own in time. They are very unimportant from a health and sleep disruption point of view. These kind of CA events happen when CO2 levels fall and you just don't generate a signal to breathe until the CO2 builds back a bit, usually 10 seconds. As Melman suggests, you can reduce EPR or just continue as-is and your body will adjust.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with interpreting OSCAR data
The inconsistency in numbers is because CA is what we like to call consistently inconsistent. Expect it to jump around, this is normal. The advice given above is sound.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 102 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 99 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 63 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 399 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 140 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Analyzing OSCAR DATA givememyusername 3 172 03-20-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.