Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with reducing Centrals
I have recently switched from using Vauto mode to straight cpap to try and reduce the amount of awakenings I get when the pressure fluctuates during the night.  My AHI with the Vauto is excellent.  I am just wondering how to reduce the clear airways, I do like using the cpap mode and am sleeping better with much less interuptions.  I am using an evora ffm and alternate with the bleep mask.  

Thanks for your help. I do use a higher pressure when I use a ffm.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
One more attachment

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with reducing Centrals
What is your trigger setting on the VAuto?
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure why you switched to Cpap mode, when the VAuto mode apparently worked better.... except that you had more awakenings. Is it possible your pressures are set too high in VAuto mode?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As far as settlings, trigger is very high and cycle is medium.  With Vauto mode rarely saw any centrals since changed setting to very high on trigger.  
Not sure opal what to reduce pressure to?
I have to say that it seems like I am resting a little better with straight cpap mode, just wanted to know is there any way to reduce centrals?  Any other screenshots that would help?  If it’s better to go back to vauto what pressure changes would you recommend?
Post Reply Post Reply
In Cpap mode, you don't have an option to use the Trigger setting, but if you're more comfortable and sleeping better with Cpap mode, then you should stay with that.
I try to put comfort first.

In Cpap mode, you may be able to reduce the CA's by reducing the EPR. Try EPR set at 2 for a few days and gauge results.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great idea Opal, wil reduce epr to 2 and see how it goes.  Thanks and will let you know how it works.
Post Reply Post Reply
on the VAuto set
Max IPAP = 10
Min EPAP = 7
PS=3

This is the same as a CPAP with Pressure = 10 and EPR=3 But now you have the option of the Trigger Setting.
Post Reply Post Reply
Will try Gideon and then post results.  Thanks for your advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gideon, maybe I am missing something, but last night I used fixed pressure of 12.2 with epr of 3.  Using vauto should it be:
Epap 9.2
Ipap. 12.2
Ps=.   3
Am I wrong on this?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASV not catching onset / transitional centrals Boodmaster 17 591 03-31-2024, 01:12 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 64 2,114 03-26-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 172 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  started to get a lot more centrals, questions airwaystent 3 276 03-02-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Pressure] Help interpreting low AHI after reducing CPAP pressure? grrrrr 2 320 02-21-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: grrrrr
  are these centrals or false alarms? AZAwake 4 446 02-02-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: SingingWolf
  Centrals coming back Gperry 9 730 12-05-2023, 12:23 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.