Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hepa Filter install
RE: Hepa Filter install
Pup,
Thanks for the advice. I have been looking at Amazon and there are several sellers offering filters at volume, but I also worry about quality. Truth is I am having trouble wrapping my head around any of the pricing for these tiny and very flimsy filters.

If you can buy a Window A/C unit filter for -$4 and a whole house A/C unit filter which is 20 x 20 x .5 inches for less than $10, how can these tiny patches of woven fiber cost this much?

Anybody have success buying larger filters and cutting them down to the right size?
Post Reply Post Reply
I remember a thread discussing cutting filters for cpap machines. There was some concern about not knowing for sure if the material used was acceptable for medical grade use.

You are right to be cautious about the quality of the filters. The filters I have purchased are OEM filters with the Respironics logo an them. Sometimes you can see the logo in the picture of the product or the seller will state they are OEM. In any case you would still need to look at the reviews. You can usually find where someone says if they are or are not OEM. I only buy through Prime which sets a little higher standard for the seller. I also only buy from vendors who have been around a while and have rating in the high nineties. Doing so may cost a little more but it helps assure there will not be a problem with the purchase.

You could also check the suppliers on Suppliers List to see if you can find them.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know I'm about 4 years late to this thread, but I came up with a simple solution recently.
The main problem is that a true HEPA filter puts too much strain on the small motors. The solution to that is a greatly increased filter size.
SI just took a hepaflo vacuum cleaner bag, turned it inside out and taped it sealed to the Resmed air inlet.
Not any noticeable change in strain judged by noise or pressure.
You can buy non-branded cheap from ebay.
The Numatic hepaflo is 40 x 40 x 0.2 cm (around 15" square on each side). That's a lot of surface.
If you have it on cabinet on the right hand side of you bed then it just dangles happily over the side.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's been my understanding that the air filter is there to protect the machine......not the user. It's to keep dust bunnies, assorted lint, bits of paper wrappers, etc., from entering the machine and damaging it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not HEPA vacuum filters. They're sold as hypoallergenic.
HEPA should stop 99.97% of airborne particles 0.3 micrometers (μm) in diameter.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  what chip do I install for Oscar? mrpat 3 142 10 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Filter types vs. original for AirSense 10 fotjon 3 118 03-21-2024, 12:57 AM
Last Post: stevew168
Question OSCAR Technology - Install & Data Aquisition Details EasySleep 3 119 03-18-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: EasySleep
  ResMed S10 Air Filter Options MoreBeers 9 1,878 12-08-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
Wink Replacing filter fiber in N30i and P30i QuietAir vents - possible! PurpleOx 2 3,185 08-16-2023, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Konomoose
  [Equipment] cleaning the filter on a nasal mask msherman1000 3 911 06-23-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: YipeekiOH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.