Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Here we go again
Here we go again
Hi all,

I stopped CPAP therapy because it wasn't working for me after a few months and I absolutely HATED sleeping with it on due to how uncomfortable it was and the massive leaks. I switched from nasal mask to pillows to a FFM, was struggling with lots of leaks and having such a hard time sleeping with the mask on it was almost worse than without. I have mild sleep apnea with AHI of about 10-12. 

Going to give CPAP another go and see if I can actually wake up feeling rested. I will try to get at least 6 hours a night with the leaks under the threshold. 

How do I know the CPAP is actually working? From what i've read it can be subtle where you don't even notice, or should it be something I realize instantly right when I wake up?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Here we go again
I gave my CPAP Therapy over three years. I didn't feel any better and I didn't feel any worse. When I started it, I had no issue or problems at all. From the very 1st night on. Everything went very well. 

I suspect that I didn't need it in the first place. I had an appt. with my family doctor and mentioned that my sleep wasn't as good as it used to be. He then referred me to a local sleep doctor. The rest is history. 

I'm 68 yrs. old and retired back in 2010. Nothing gets better as you age. If I feel tired, I'll take a power nap. All of my CPAP is now packed away. Gotta get my DME to stop sending me supplies. 

From what I know and understand, everyone takes to the therapy differently. Give it some more time and hang in there. Maybe at least one full year or so.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.