Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hey all i am a newbie to this board and sleep apnea.
Hey all i am a newbie to this board and sleep apnea.
I was diagnosed with sleep apnea after years of constantly being tired despite adaquate sleep. I am overweight too, but i have lost 61lbs in the last 18 months. I was diagnosed as having mild sleep apnea around 8/hour and moderate to severe sleep apnea in REM around 28/hour. I also had a de-sat to 82% during my 1st night without mask.

My initial sleep study was July 24th and which i was asked to come back July 31st for a titration. I did very well with the FX quattro full face mask for her. I slept through the night but i also did take ambien. I was told by my sleep doctor Aug 9th that my numbers on the mask were a significant improvement as i went to to nearly a 0 AHI.

I had my appointment with the DME i am on another message board so i know the nightmares with them. I demanded the S9 autoset with h5i even though she tried to push upon me the Respironics. I did get the S9 autoset with h5i/climate control tubing. I also got the FX quattro full face mask. My appointment with the DME was Aug 17th so tonight is my 1 week mark of being on the mask. I have averaged around 44 usage hours already. My AHI hasn't gone above 0.18 or so i think it is? 3 nights it has been 0! This mask/machine is working well for me and i am sure my sleep doctor will say this at my next appointment i have been doing very well for a newbie to all of this.

I have downloaded sleepyhead so i upload my data everyday from my sd card. I learned how to use the machine very quickly i think.. i thought i was going to be clueless! Anyway figured i could join as many message boards for sleep apnea as possible the more we can support one another the better right?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hey all i am a newbie to this board and sleep apnea.
Hi mysticaldreamz, and welcome. Might I ask a favor? Please type with black font. The red is really hard on my old eyes. If you can, of course.

I've got really low AHI scores too. Feels great, even though there are some ups and downs.
Post Reply Post Reply
You seem to have a good handle on things Congrats
Welcome
Post Reply Post Reply
I welcome you to the board as well.

And while I am sure what you had to say was interesting, I cannot read anything you posted. Could you please not use colored font? Some of us are old geezers and geezerettes and colored font is difficult to read. Thank you.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-23-2012, 06:28 PM)eaglett1111 Wrote: Hi mysticaldreamz, and welcome. Might I ask a favor? Please type with black font. The red is really hard on my old eyes. If you can, of course.

I've got really low AHI scores too. Feels great, even though there are some ups and downs.

Sure thing sorry.
Post Reply Post Reply
Much thanks! Between the small font and the color, I couldn't read a single word! Old I am, yes.

If you do not already know how, here is where you can read on how to edit a post.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ing-a-Post

Or I could do it for you.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the boards....sounds like you are making out great in the land of apnea...lol!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Mysticaldreamz Welcome
It sounds like you are well on your way to becoming a veteran hosehead already! Smile Good to hear that someone put their foot down with the DME and got what they wanted! However, I recently bought my Remstar and I am really happy with it, so Respironics is not necessarily a bad choice. You just have to do like the ResMed and get the data capable, etc machine. I think they are pretty comparable myself having read up on both and with the deal I got on my machine...well....it was a no-brainer! If you have questions or anything, this is a good place to ask them! Lots of years on a hose on this board. Hey, that would be a great poll! How many collective years...! Oh Bob.....!
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi mysticaldreamz, First of all, WELCOME! to the forum. You sound like you are well on your way, GREAT! It's good that you stood up for yourself as far as the kind of machine you wanted. CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss, that's very difficult. Continued success to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-23-2012, 07:31 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I welcome you to the board as well.

And while I am sure what you had to say was interesting, I cannot read anything you posted. Could you please not use colored font? Some of us are old geezers and geezerettes and colored font is difficult to read. Thank you.

If you could edit it for me that would be great. I followed the link to edit my post but i don't have that option to "edit" on the bottom of where i posted?

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with RERAs in sleep apnea shedu1337 3 55 7 minutes ago
Last Post: shedu1337
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 404 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 256 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 367 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 136 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 624 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 302 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.