Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hi all, another new member here.
RE: Hi all, another new member here.
(11-14-2017, 06:31 PM)fishkeg Wrote: I think I may be on to something. 

First image is from two nights ago, lowered pressure settings.
https://imgur.com/a/xDGhO

Next is last nights data with pressure back to previous settings.
https://imgur.com/a/yLnlE

Any other suggestions or am I getting it right?? Smile

I'm new to this too, and my pressure settings and results look a lot like yours.  With an AHI down close to 5, I think the decision whether to pursue lower AHI via higher pressures comes down to how you feel.  If you feel well, I think an AHI in the 3-5 range is fine.  If you still have symptoms, then it makes sense to push the pressure further upwards to try and lower events further.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah I think you may be right. I had a short night last night, didn"t get to bed until late. Although I only increased the pressures by 1 cm, I don't like the higher pressure.

https://imgur.com/a/aDllJ

I feel MUCH better with my AHI in the 3-5 range, so I'm going to go back to the lower pressure and see what that brings. If I can maintain that AHI range I think I can live with that.

Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
You can always try a higher pressure later once you are more used to it.  I'm finding that getting the heated humidification settings right is helping me with pressure tolerance.

It's hard to tell what those bad AHI nights are from.  Some nights just aren't good, regardless of the pressure settings.  For me, alcohol (even a little) and Benadryl raise my AHI quite a bit, whereas wearing a collar and avoiding back sleeping didn't make much difference.  We're all different!
Post Reply Post Reply
Your event rate is increasing with increased pressure. I really think you need to listen to those results. This is something I have seen in several other members, and they signigicantly improved when we reduced maximum pressure significantly. I think you need to get back to 10-14 range.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2017, 12:31 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Your event rate is increasing with increased pressure.  I really think you need to listen to those results.  This is something I have seen in several other members, and they signigicantly improved when we reduced maximum pressure significantly.  I think you need to get back to 10-14 range.

Sounds good to me! I really don't like the higher pressures. I hope the sweet spot is within that 10-14 range, I'm gonna try 14max-10min tonight. 

Thank you so much for everyone's input and help! This is an amazing group here, I would have been completely lost without the help of this board!

Thumbs-up-2
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 201 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 535 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ
Gross Family member thinks my SA is a scam?? sleepadventurer 19 1,098 12-02-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New member, first night of Oscar data michael7 19 1,619 10-31-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: michael7
  New member sghalloway 11 1,070 10-07-2023, 02:13 PM
Last Post: sghalloway
  [Pressure] New member and new OSCAR user squiddog 4 495 09-19-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: squiddog
  New Member Intro and OSCAR charts DaveInDenver 2 459 08-11-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: DaveInDenver

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.