Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

High leak rate but relatively lower AHI
RE: High leak rate but relatively lower AHI
The air cushion masks are designed to increase the seal pressure as the air pressure behind it increases. Nice design. Then they put a flexible headgear on the mask so when the pressure increases the flexible material in the headgear stretches more until guess what - the seal blows out due to insufficient contact area. I guess that part of the rationale is the relaxation of the tissue during sleep requires something that will adapt to that and, of course, user comfort for people that just do not want to feel too much tightness on their face or are sensitive to it. It makes me think that is part of the reason for so much difference in personal performance of the different masks.

I know my Mirage Quattro, is tight when I put it on at night but feels a lot looser when I get up in the morning. My leak rates are generally very good all night long unless I have seriously screwed something up.

I do not have an answer just a lot of questions.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Too much STATIC showing in OSCAR Flow Rate PappaJoe 0 68 04-16-2024, 08:23 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 284 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
Question Does abnormal breathing trigger an elevated heart rate? Or vice versa. G. Szabo 14 349 04-15-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 14 333 04-13-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: chronic
  [Pressure] High pressure Tomarovsch 1 108 04-12-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 129 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Any thoughts on why my heart rate increases when using CPAP? hejohoo 3 939 04-08-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: hejohoo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.