Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

High leak rate but relatively lower AHI
RE: High leak rate but relatively lower AHI
The air cushion masks are designed to increase the seal pressure as the air pressure behind it increases. Nice design. Then they put a flexible headgear on the mask so when the pressure increases the flexible material in the headgear stretches more until guess what - the seal blows out due to insufficient contact area. I guess that part of the rationale is the relaxation of the tissue during sleep requires something that will adapt to that and, of course, user comfort for people that just do not want to feel too much tightness on their face or are sensitive to it. It makes me think that is part of the reason for so much difference in personal performance of the different masks.

I know my Mirage Quattro, is tight when I put it on at night but feels a lot looser when I get up in the morning. My leak rates are generally very good all night long unless I have seriously screwed something up.

I do not have an answer just a lot of questions.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate kink at end of exhalation ahuman 4 47 3 minutes ago
Last Post: ahuman
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 32 8 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 240 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,411 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 116 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 858 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.