Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Higher AHI during Polysomnography than WatchPAT
Higher AHI during Polysomnography than WatchPAT
Hello. Not looking for advice just curious to see if anyone has insight. My AHI on my WatchPAT study was 1.8 with REM AHI of 4.7. My on the PSG I had done recently my AHI was 12 with REM AHI of 20. I know that at-home sleep studies can have a lot of unflagged events such as RERAs and Hypopneas but isn't an apnea a cessation of breathing for longer than 10 seconds? How could it underreport that? I did use a prescribed Ambien 5mg to help me fall asleep during the sleep study and they said it shouldn't affect the results too much, and could only make them slightly worse. Luckily this means I don't have to worry about insurance coverage anymore with this higher AHI. Does anyone know anything about at home studies being inaccurate in terms of Apneas. Thanks for any input.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Higher AHI during Polysomnography than WatchPAT
AHI can vary greatly from day to day. Unless your study was over several days, you should regard it as a snapshot in time. It may or may not represent the overall assessment of your apnea.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok. I was just curious ty. It doesn't really matter what my AHI is before, except for insurance purposes. Luckily now my doctor agrees that it could cause symptoms and that they aren't attributable to a mental health problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
Which bed were you not comfortable with? Which room were you more familiar with? Which test had more attachments?

I'd expect a inlab test to yield more events just for those reasons
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Can pressure wanting to go higher actually be due to leakage? richapple 1 103 03-15-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Diagnosis] WatchPAT sleep apena diagnosis low AHI higher RDI. Need advice godiego 22 3,429 02-28-2024, 02:39 PM
Last Post: godiego
  AHI Discrepancy w/ AirSense 10 AS and WatchPat Sleep Study TheProphetofLies 6 340 02-26-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Diagnosis] Help with Lofta WatchPAT ONE results kenm 2 280 02-17-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: kenm
  My inspiratory time is higher than expiratory on Auto S Bipap Stubert 3 380 02-01-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] A new ResMed AirSense 10 fails to do Smart Stop when at higher altitude. mountaincat 6 538 01-28-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: mountaincat
  Japanese sleep test vs. Lofta/WatchPAT discrepancy + flow chart morphology analysis? woodenwaterbottle 3 4,408 01-24-2024, 03:05 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.