Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Higher Leaks = Better breathing during Daytime
RE: Higher Leaks = Better breathing during Daytime
The big take away for me in viewing the study was you do have a diagnosis is Central Apnea and were on VPAP Adapt ASV as recommended treatment method. New duck Dr. Quack issued wrong machine. Address it ASAP with quack. Show this report and state the VAuto is 100% WRONG!

If you still have the old machine use it for now. Maybe take it to doc and ask why he lowered your therapy to less than appropriate according to old diagnosis.

I realize this OSCAR report showed few CA but CA are known to be consisently inconsistent.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2021, 12:47 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: The big take away for me in viewing the study was you do have a diagnosis is Central Apnea and were on VPAP Adapt ASV as recommended treatment method. New duck Dr. Quack issued wrong machine. Address it ASAP with quack. Show this report and state the VAuto is 100% WRONG!

If you still have the old machine use it for now. Maybe take it to doc and ask why he lowered your therapy to less than appropriate according to old diagnosis.

I realize this OSCAR report showed few CA but CA are known to be confident inconsistent.

Hi Dave, Unfortunately I do not have my old machine anymore as I donated it when I received my new one. I did show my initial sleep study recommendations to 2 doctors here and they ignored it and did a new sleep study. It’s basically been a cluster f*** (pardon my French) since moving here. And yes looking at other days back it’s worse on other nights. Also was told that the vAuto has the same features as ASV. I am wiling to buy a ASV myself, someone in this thread mentioned u have source for machines but I would need a script, right?
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a list of approved script writers:
  • Medical Doctor.
  • Doctor of Osteopathy.
  • Psychiatrist.
  • Physicians Assistant.
  • Nurse Practitioners.
  • Dentist.
  • Naturopathic Physician.

You can always try buying one without the script in hand. Just don't volunteer the fact that you don't currently have it.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you have the original prescription for your S9 Adapt? Never-mind, your letter will do it. Contact Supplier #2. They sell a gently used Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV with warranty for $1595 or new in-box for 2149. Your letter has everything they need to dispense.

A forum member is selling his used Aircurve 10 ASV for about the same price. Look at Greencastle PA on Craigslist or SearchTempest. Something tells me SarcasticDave94 knows about this machine since he lives in the same town.
There is an Aircurve 10 ASV with only 342 hours in Lennox, Ma for $700 listed in Westernmass Craigslist 7256724018 by a private seller. It's been listed a while and is an excellent deal. No prescription required for private sales.

Your current doctor is an absolute idiot! Just compare your old results with new and your original Dx. What in the world is he thinking. Shop doctors and find one that will accept your original Dx. Medicare should accept that sleep study referenced in your post above, as long a competent doctor reads and interprets it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Let's talk about this chart.   In defense of your doctor, you are not showing any significant CA here.  You are using ramp from a low pressure of 8.0/4.0 and your therapy pressure is 14.0/10.0 (IPAP/EPAP).  Your pressure does not change a great deal through the night, but there are a couple episodes of large leak, and a cluster of OA.  This might indicate some positional apnea, where chin-tucking causes you to obstruct, or even to lose mask seal.  The results you show here are not too bad, but I'd like to see the flow limit chart included.  I guess the bottom line is, if your comfort has been compromised since switching from the VPAP Adapt, then the Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV is the direct replacement for that machine and will restore your therapy.  It's too bad you gave it away so we could see see the settings and results.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=29172]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Probably Supplier #2 is your best answer. The study result you showed us may certainly be enough for them to accept a purchase. I'm thinking there's script assist if what you've got isn't enough, just an option to facilitate. A used ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV is $1,595 with standard hose.

All supplies with the current VAuto will fit.

Myself would consider FIRING the stupid doctor and looking for a good primary or internal medicine doctor. Tht ones you've got now are quacks.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That’s only one night. I have scrolled through some previous nights and CA’s and hypopneas are higher. It varies. And I told these doctors when I still had my prior machine and substituted it for the Auto model my off cpap breathing was greatly improved they just shrugged and did some adjustments rather than order what I was asking for.

With Covid I really don’t want to buy a used machine. Rather go new. If I need help can u assist if need be to get me set up. I know how to get to the menus so no problem with that and I guess the settings are in the letter I sent u so I’ll give it a go myself first.

Thanks much again....
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2021, 05:44 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Probably Supplier #2 is your best answer. The study result you showed us may certainly be enough for them to  accept a purchase. I'm thinking there's script assist if sheet you've got isn't enough, just an option to facilitate. A used ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV is $1,595 with standard hose.

All supplies with the current VAuto will fit.

Myself would consider FIRING the stupid doctor and looking for a good primary or internal medicine doctor. Tht ones you've got now are quacks.

Thanks Dave, since moving to mountains of NC the 2 sleep drs I’ve been to are truly dumb as rocks for sure. I do have a good primary doctor. Never thought to ask him but he would probably do a script. Medicare would pay for a new machine if medically necessary even if the one I have now is recent but it will probably be a circle jerk and I am tired of dealing with incompetence.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can we help?  We've been doing this a while!  You do one night at default settings:
Mode ASV Auto
EPAP min 5.0
EPAP max 15.0
PS min 3.0
PS max 15.0

Show me the chart from that, and you will have your settings. Your original prescription used ASV mode (no auto pressure) EPAP 8.0, and PS 3-10.  We can get you a bit better than that. To make things easy, tell Supplier #2 (call by phone, and email the ASV titration), that your pressure is ASV mode, EPAP 8.0, PS min 3, PS max 10.0. They will deliver the machine in that configuration consistent with your Rx in that study. We can go from there.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4210]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider's suggestion looks great to me. FWIW once you get this ASV, it has but a few settings for the humidifier and heated hose and then therapy settings are Mode, EPAP or EPAP min/max and PS min/max. Fini. Just don't try Ramp, it messes with therapy too much to be a positive thing IMO.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 43 1,075 8 hours ago
Last Post: Jorgo
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 280 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 134 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  [CPAP] Can pressure wanting to go higher actually be due to leakage? richapple 1 103 03-15-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Daytime sleepiness zzcop302 0 95 03-15-2024, 05:50 PM
Last Post: zzcop302
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 159 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.