Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to dry hose in winter?
RE: How to dry hose in winter?
Like snorin2, I have a hurricane dryer also.

It is great if you want to invest in a device like this and have room on a counter for large toaster ;-)
But as Sleeprider and OpalRose have stated, it is not necessary.

But it is a convenience item. You don’t swirl or hang. You just soak, rinse then plug hose into air outlet and place mask under cover. Really easy.
It has 15, 30 and 60-minute cycle. And just the 15-minute cycle gets the tube completely dry.

For weekly, I put few drops of soap into hose, hold it to my bath faucet and run warm water until the soap is gone. Plug into hurricane with default 15-minute cycle and walk away. Takes about 5 minutes. Leave the mask and hose there protected until ready to use at night. Completely dry.

Every few months, I wash the headgear straps. Squeeze a little bit and then I put them into hurricane dryer completely wet for the 60-minute cycle. Completely dry.

I like the hurricane dryer for drying and for storage of my mask to keep away from pets and dust.

Sleep-well
-- Bill
Struggling to keep the air moving like everyone else …  ?

Standard Disclaimer:
I'm just a CPAP user like you. I can't give medical advice. 
  Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-08-2023, 01:15 PM)B1Sailor Wrote: Like snorin2, I have a hurricane dryer also.

It is great if you want to invest in a device like this and have room on a counter for large toaster ;-)

Sleep-well

Try again it's only $30, and about the size of two packs of cigarettes. It's just a very small box fan, with enough CFM to dry the hose fairly quickly when compared to hanging it all day and hope its dry.

Take the 150$ difference and buy more tools.
Post Reply Post Reply
Fishing line, a weight on one end, micro fiber cloth opposite end. Keep it simple!
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm too lazy. I wouldnt pay 189$ to dry it, but 30$ and I just lay it out on the bed with a towel, and come back in awhile works for my lazy butt Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I hang my mask and tubing and other wet parts over a towel rack that has a furnace vent on the floor beneath it in my shower room.
Post Reply Post Reply
Having a second tube solves this problem. Just alternate, or better yet, just quit washing it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-09-2023, 08:55 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Having a second tube solves this problem. Just alternate, or better yet, just quit washing it.

Interesting comment.  I know its recommended weekly, and a  big deal is made about wash, rinse and dry.  Even though its filtered air entering the tube, other than an 
accumulation of moisture from humidifier.

My dive gear, specifically our rebreathers, which take expository breath, get rather nasty, and we only rinse them
well with city tap water that has some sanitizer in it, then hang to dry.  Every once and awhile we sanitize them with steramine or  virkon.

Has anyone actually done a study on tube cleanliness for a PAP machine??
Post Reply Post Reply
>>>Has anyone actually done a study on tube cleanliness for a PAP machine??

Where's the money in that?

Sorry, I'a a bit of a cynic.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 235 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 577 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,288 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 638 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Top Hose vs. Bottom Hose Jose Castro 19 1,554 11-03-2023, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Jose Castro

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.