Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat
RE: Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat
Glad to hear you doctor appointment went so well. I though your case was very straight-forward and the need for bilevel was well established by what you have documented throughout this thread. Well done on making a persuasive argument for your health. In the interest of helping others, what do you think most influenced your doctor to come to this conclusion?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Low AHI but significant desat
That's a good question...

In this case, my new PCP is a DO, so she's a bit more focused on whole-person care.  She started in a mindset that was open to the discussion.

In the end, she was pretty clear that having data helped, but actually understanding the data was the deciding factor.  I could answer her "why" questions as she absorbed the information I was giving her.  So she was comfortable that the plan made sense.  

Your pre-written prescription language was super helpful.  She took it and copied it verbatim.  She said that allowed her to skip the titration/sleep study requirement completely.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats, sounds like you actually have a good doctor
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-19-2024, 03:23 PM)ArcherNeedsSleep Wrote: That's a good question...
Your pre-written prescription language was super helpful.  She took it and copied it verbatim.  She said that allowed her to skip the titration/sleep study requirement completely.

That's good to know. I'll try to include that information when it's clear and relevant.
PS. You went to Lanky Lefty before me? Oh my!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-19-2024, 04:11 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: PS. You went to Lanky Lefty before me?  Oh my!

You need to make some videos, too....you'd be a YouTube sensation.   Big Grin

(Sorry. Won't happen again.  I definitely get the best advice here.)
Post Reply Post Reply
Next on Apnea Board YouTube, dealing with crazy DMEs

Eat-popcorn
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
SarcasticDave94, you are so right....

I hadn't heard anything for nearly two weeks, so I asked the doc for the DME contact info.  When I reached them, the DME said that it's taking 6-8 weeks to get through the insurance queue, then another 2 weeks for their schedulers to call me, with up to another month more before I can pick up a machine.

Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
Back in 2017 when I was waiting impatiently for my ASV, I was calling insurance customer service, DME and doctor as well, alternating daily between those 3. Especially important when first, the doctors office messed up something about the script, then insurance lost the script and order, and this added to delays.

Not to forget the DME, they were sending me messages saying the ASV would be ready next day, before they ever sent it. Repeat that about 6 times, I did type this correct, 6 bungled messages.

Call so they don't forget.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's great advice that I plan to follow!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA PandaZA 89 1,546 3 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 2 97 5 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Just had a sleep study - Central Sleep Apnea with Cheyne Stokes srpmccarthy 3 133 11 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Diagnosis] Got sleep study results and I am quite fustrated ewarner64 10 258 Yesterday, 01:16 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 5 196 04-16-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Diagnosis] Second opinion on study is needed please Abdulfakih 17 401 04-04-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Do I not need a CPAP anymore? In-Lab Study Results brehski 6 249 04-03-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.