Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hose Management
Hose Management
What devices work best? The hanger by Bro-Gro looks good, gets good reviews but is pricey. Anyone use the one made by Arden?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hose Management
The real question is: do you really need a hose management system?

I've never seen a need for them. I run the hose up through the headboard of my bed (CPAP sits on the floor, under my bed) and then down to my chest and back up to my headgear. And, yes, I do use a 10-foot hose.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
I started using the Cozy hose boss last week and it really made a hugh difference. I would wake up several times because the hose hung on the night stand, headboard, pillow, etc. I will keep using the hose boss, but I was thinking of something more substantial and for when I travel.
Post Reply Post Reply
I attach a strip of velcro to my headboard, make a loop out of it, and run the hose through the loop.

I also route the hose from the mask upward over my forehead where it's attached to the strap that goes over the top of my head. And yes, it's another strip of velcro that's used to attach the hose to the strap.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
CPAP Holder is a cheapie on Amazon.
Not fancy but it folds up if you need to travel and it does work!

Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
My machine is next to my bed and at the same height, so I run my hose along the top of my matress against the bed board and then under my pillow and have found I have no issues with rolling from side to side and I sleep undisturbed until the dog starts hitting the hose with his paw to wake me up.
Post Reply Post Reply
I route my hose up over my head and tuck it between my pillow and the headboard. From there it loops off beside the bed then goes back up to my humidifier.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-07-2013, 12:31 AM)Sleepster Wrote: I also route the hose from the mask upward over my forehead where it's attached to the strap that goes over the top of my head. And yes, it's another strip of velcro that's used to attach the hose to the strap.

Sleepster - This suggestion was "worth its weight in gold." I haven't gotten wrapped in my hose since doing this. I had my hose up on the headboard but the routing of the hose over the top of my head made it work so much better.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-07-2013, 12:14 AM)Regular Joe Wrote: What devices work best? The hanger by Bro-Gro looks good, gets good reviews but is pricey. Anyone use the one made by Arden?

I use a CPAP Hose made by Arden innovations, which works brilliantly. It enables me to move around in bed without the tugging that causes leaks and it helps prevent rainout. It folds up and is very light, making it easy to take travelling. In fact, I always take it with me when I'm sleeping away from home. I recommend it very highly.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 578 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,289 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 638 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Top Hose vs. Bottom Hose Jose Castro 19 1,554 11-03-2023, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Jose Castro

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.