Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hose management favourites
Hose management favourites
Hello all,
I am looking for some good suggestions for a hose management system.  I am about 30 days into my trial, and I am starting to believe that stopping the hose from pulling on my mask as I move around in my sleep would be beneficial.  So far I have tried a N30 mask, and a N30i.  While the N30i has the 'top of head' hose attachment that alleviates much of the hose issues, the noise it makes from the vents is too much compared to the N30.  And the N30 is light and unobtrusive, but susceptible to torque pressures from the attachment hose.  

So with that background, those of you that practice hose management, what are your favorite devices/techniques/advice?

Many thanks,
Brian
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hose management favourites
Get yourself a hose holder / hanger. I fabricated one myself and it's been a great asset. 

There are many brands and models that can be had. No idea which is the best or most preferred. EBAY, Amazon, and many others sell them. 

I'm sure that there will be others along shortly that will add to the discussion.  Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
Since I have the Dreamwear mask, the hose attaches to the top of the head band. This design is hands down the best I have used compared to the hose attachments on other mask at nose area.  

Couple that configuration with also using a cloth sleeve over the hose, it permits the hose to slide effortlessly over my headboard.  

I never have issues with this setup compared to mask with the hose in front.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-10-2020, 11:33 AM)Big Guy Wrote: Get yourself a hose holder / hanger. I fabricated one myself and it's been a great asset. 

There are many brands and models that can be had. No idea which is the best or most preferred. EBAY, Amazon, and many others sell them. 

I'm sure that there will be others along shortly that will add to the discussion.  Bigwink

Thanks Big Guy.  I'n not super handy, so I may not be able to fabricate my own.  But if you had any photos or details to share, I'd love to hear/see them.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-10-2020, 12:32 PM)Nightynite Wrote: Since I have the Dreamwear mask, the hose attaches to the top of the head band. This design is hands down the best I have used compared to the hose attachments on other mask at nose area.  

Couple that configuration with also using a cloth sleeve over the hose, it permits the hose to slide effortlessly over my headboard.  

I never have issues with this setup compared to mask with the hose in front.

Thanks Nightynight.  The N30i has a similar design to yours, and I agree with you about the hose placement.  My issue with the N30i, is that the vents (top of head and front of cradle) are quite loud.  As an example, the ones from the front of the cradle would easily blow out a candle at 10 inches.  Attach that to my skull, and I definitely notice it more than the N30.  

Does anyone else have experience with noise levels from the Dreamwear vs. the resmed mask models?  If the Dreamwear is that much better, maybe I can convince my DME to let me try yet another mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd suggest doing a Google search for hose holder, something that resembles a gallows with an aluminum tube frame. Also consider the hose cover with a velcro or covered zipper in whatever color and pattern you like. These both are on my wish list after a new machine is decided upon.

The hose holder elevates the hose out of your way. The cover can quiet the air sounds and gives the hose some smoother texture to reduce movement noises while you're asleep, and to insulate it a bit if your room is cool.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-10-2020, 01:57 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: something that resembles a gallows

Ha, thanks for putting that indelible image in my mind, which I'll now have every night before going to bed. Perturbed

Rolleyes Anyway, here's what I use and it works quite well.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ose-Holder
Post Reply Post Reply
I purchased a HoseBuddy off of Amazon and love it. While the HoseBuddy is a little pricy compared to other hose hangers, it will last a lifetime. The base slips between the mattress and foundation/box springs. The vertical section and top portion, which hold the hose, pivot to allow the hose to follow the user when changing positions. The standard size will adjust from 33" to around 38 inches. The Plus size has an additional 8" section to allow for additional height for use with thick mattresses. I would recommend the plus size, which is the one I use. It only weighs 1/2 pound more than the standard size and the price difference is only around $10.00. I've used mine on several week long road trips from Arkansas to the east coast. There is also a travel version, which doesn't have very good reviews.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
HoseBuddy was a name that stuck, MitchS, but I can't recall if that was the one on my mental wishlist.

Sheepish, I think whichever one you got on the linked thread was probably what I had pictured as the one I want. The blue aluminum poles will look better than these brown wood poles BTW

[Image: Cf2n315.png?1] The Hose Hanger By Sparky!
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 235 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 577 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,287 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 638 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Top Hose vs. Bottom Hose Jose Castro 19 1,553 11-03-2023, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Jose Castro

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.