Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How Do I reset Password on Sleepyhead?
How Do I reset Password on Sleepyhead?
Got as far as trying to sign in my newly-loaded Sleepyhead and the password I thought I'd used earlier when setting it up didn't work. How do I reset or obtain it?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How Do I reset Password on Sleepyhead?
If you are using Windows, close SleepyHead.

Look in Documents\SleepyHeadData-Testing\Profiles\<your profile name> for a file called Profile.xml (extension .xml may not show). Open that with Notepad.

Find the line with this:

<Password type="QString">23436sdjhgsjd3784638hjsfs</Password>

The numbers between <Password type="QString"> and </Password> will be different for you. Just remove that whole line and save the file.

Open Sleepyhead again and it shouldn't prompt you for a password.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Alan. I didn't have time until just now to try it. Unfortunately I don't have a clue how to use Notebook! I did a search and found it on my computer but have never used it. I did find the file in Documents. Where do I go now?
Post Reply Post Reply
notepad.... it is a plain text editor.

you found profile.xml? you should shift+rightclick and select "open with" and choose notepad from the selector
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2015, 12:06 AM)DariaVader Wrote: notepad.... it is a plain text editor.

you found profile.xml? you should shift+rightclick and select "open with" and choose notepad from the selector

I did as instructed. When notebook came up it didn't have the same pathway as Alan described in his post. It was
!DOCTYPE profiles>
<profiles>
<profile path="{home}/Profiles/Linda Wiley/Profile.xml" name="Linda Wiley"/>
</profiles

Well--Firefox crashed at this point. I ended up loosing the profile pathway completely when it came back on--nothing in profiles now. Too tired to deal with it tonight. Will see if there are further instructions tomorrow. Tried to sign into SH but get a small screen with my name, click on Select and the password screen comes up. Since I can't remember my password, no go! Sad Thanks. Linda
Post Reply Post Reply
Ignore that first file you found. There are two Profile.XML files. The first one points to the second one.

I use Notepad++ and because of this it formats it into a human readable file. If you try to open that in notepad.exe it will be a mess. So instead I recommend you open it in wordpad.

Open the Run dialog box by pressing Windows key and R

[Image: Win-R.jpg]

When the run box appears

[Image: runbox.png]

Copy and paste the line below into it and click OK.

wordpad "C:\Users\Linda Wiley\Documents\SleepyHeadData-Testing\Profiles\Linda Wiley\Profile.xml"

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
it's been a while so maybe things are different... but IIRC wordpad might add rtf characters to a txt file and "corrupt" it. xml is not so bad in its natural form Big Grin just ignore the <tags> Sorry if my instructions were too vague - it is from memory. Have not used Windows in 3 yrs.
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

Post Reply Post Reply
That won't matter with XML. I tested it though and SH didn't care.

Post Reply Post Reply
Alan, thank you for the time you have spent on this. I still can't get anywhere! The last instructions ended up saying Windows can't find a file with that name. Is there a way to cancel what I have and start all over? I'm not a technical computer user as you have probably figured out--just want to get SH loaded and running?
Post Reply Post Reply
Sure is. In Documents, rename the SleepyHeadData-Testing folder. Name it SleepyHeadData-Testing-Old. In case you need data from it later. You can delete it too if you don't care. When you start Sleepyhead up, it will behave like the first time running it and the setup wizard will run again.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 93 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR Password MaskedOne 2 296 01-16-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  Oscar password reset Gogirl 7 1,434 02-24-2023, 02:14 PM
Last Post: gree7
  Reset OSCAR password Sleepbreather 2 1,179 11-01-2021, 09:47 AM
Last Post: Sleepbreather
  oscar forgot password, how to reset kbingel 3 1,426 09-29-2021, 07:14 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Inexplicable reset with oscar- need help goodn 5 695 08-04-2021, 03:25 PM
Last Post: goodn
Smile User name and password for ResScan? Please iostfeld 7 8,484 05-24-2021, 04:22 PM
Last Post: jaswilliams

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.