Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How To Hire A CPAP Coach
How To Hire A CPAP Coach
I've been having trouble acclimating to my CPAP. I take the mask off nightly at about the 1:30 mark. I've been noticing slightly irregular breathing pattern right before I take the mask off.

My doctor set me up with a service called Dr. Lullaby. They were worse than useless, I spoke with two different PsyD practitioners, who were trained to deal with insomnia. When I told them I needed help with CPAP and also mentioned this to the scheduler I was told I'd get help, & they didn't respond.

Is there a way to find a local CPAP coach? Should I ask around to doctors in town? Usually I only get 10m in a doctor's office because that's what they can bill. Maybe a doc knows an RPSGT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How To Hire A CPAP Coach
I think we might be able to help if we can see your OSCAR data.  Some of the people on this site are really knowledgeable and will give you excellent advice.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Might I suggest that you consider changing from Nasal prongs to a full face mask? I had an awful time acclimating to nasal pronts, switched to a full face mask, and then finally to a nasal mask. You may also wish to wear your mask when awake to become more comfortable with the mask.

You may wish to change your range to 7-14 with EPR set at 3 to provide some exhale pressure relief as a comfort item.

You may also want to try some form of relaxation exercises and removing any distractions in your sleep environment..

Best, Steve
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Posting your daily charts will tell- us a lot of what is going on. Then we can give you advice that is more than "Hey you gotta put it on, it doesn't help you if you don't."

For people in your situation we look at comfort as well as your numbers.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleep Study Results - Should I hire a CPAP? miniwasabi 4 669 09-16-2022, 07:20 AM
Last Post: miniwasabi
  Hire sleep technician to review SleepHQ data? DreamWeaver80 4 1,402 05-20-2022, 06:27 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Treatment] CBT-i Coach Cressida 5 1,472 08-26-2018, 01:49 PM
Last Post: sheepless
  How to copy scan disk - hire a consult? Daisylouu 11 2,755 11-30-2016, 06:01 AM
Last Post: RichardVT

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.